1. Resources: In OIM’s terminology resource is external source like ERP, CRM, mainframes or LDAP Servers; to which OIM connects for Provisioning and Reconciliation
2) Reconciliation – Process of comparing and synchronizing accounts information in target system with OIM. Data flows into Oracle Identity Manager from External Source.
Type of OIM reconciliation – Two Type
a) Trusted Source Reconciliation – External Source is authoritative source (eg. HR), External Source drives creation, modification and deletion of user in Oracle Identity Manager.
b) Target resource reconciliation – external Source is non-authoritative source with which user is already provisioned.
Events in Reconciliation – Three type of events
a) Reconciliation Insert – OIM detects a user which does not exists in OIM
b) Reconciliation Update – OIM detects a modification to user which already exists in OIM
c) Reconciliation Delete – OIM decides that user present in OIM should be removed
3) Provisioning – Process to create, modify or delete user information in target resource is initiated by OIM. Data flow is from OIM to resource (external source)
Type of Provisioning in OIM
a) Day-one provisioning – involves initial creation of access privileges to resource(external source) for users and removal of these privileges.
b) Day-two provisioning – modification of privileges with resources (external source) based on business needs.
4) OIM Connector – is a container that holds information that OIM needs to reconcile user identity with external source and provision user with target resource. Mandatory components of connector are IT Resource Type (One and Only Resource Type per connector), IT Resource (One IT resource per resource), Process Form, Process Task Adapter, Resource Object, Provisioning Process, Process Task. More on connectors and its components here
Related Posts for Identity Manager
- Oracle Identity Manager (User Provisioning – Thor)
- Installing Oracle Identity Manager (Thor Xellerate)
- Oracle Identity Manager 9.1 released
- Oracle Identity Manager (Thor Xellerate) Architecture
- Resource, Reconciliation, Provisioning and Connector in Oracle Identity Manager #OIM
- Oracle Identity Manager (OIM) Connector for Oracle Internet Directory (OID) : Architecture and Overview
- Step by Step Installation of OIM Design Console 9.1.0
- Error while running PurgeCache in OIM 11g : LoginException unable to find LoginModule class : WebLogic Full Clinet
- Integrate OIM 11g with OID using connector for Provisioning / Reconcilliation – Installation
- PurgeCache in OIM 11g : CategoryName
- OIM LDAP Sync : Overview and Key Points
- OIM 11g : How to export/import/delete Files from MDS
- Where are OAM details stored in OIM (account unlock, password reset)
- libOVD adapters in OIM LDAP Integration : LDAPsync – view and modify Adapter settings (bindDN and bindPassword)
- Error Starting OIM Design Console (xlclient.sh) on Linux java.lang. NoClassDefFoundError
- OIM 11g Challenge Questions (PCQ) for forgot password
- Oracle EBS Integration with OIM (Identity Manager) : Things you should know
- Users not synced from OID to OIM : Debug Scheduled Job
- OIM Connector for Microsoft : AD, Exchange, Windows, Password Management
- Connector Server for OIM connectors : .NET or JAVA
- OIM 11g Challenge Questions – Everything you must know
- OIM 11g How to add Challenge Questions
- OIM : Assign AD resource : An error occurred because the Adapters are not compiled : How to compile adapters in OIM
- OIM User Creation : An Error occurred while performing create user operation. Unable to get LDAP connection
- OIM – AD integration : Active Directory Group Lookup Recon failed with error Remote Framework Key is invalid
- Microsoft Active Directory (AD) to Oracle Identity Manager (OIM) Password Synchronization: Things you must know : Part I
- Provision resource “Microsoft Exchange” to user in OIM : Status remains in Provisioning : Part I
- Target Resource (or Managed Resource) vs Trusted Source (or Authoritative Source) Mode : OIM integration with applications (AD, OID, OVD, EBS, SAP, HR, LDAP)
- 500 Internal server accessing OIM application : com.bea. security.MicroSM. getInstance oracle.iam. platform. authz.impl
- Your account is locked. You can unlock your account by going to Forgot Password
- OIM 11g : How to find User and Manager details : USR table
- OIM 11g : User Detail/Attribute (Description) not visible in OIM User screen : EBS / OID / OIM integration
- OIM 11g: The add proxy operation for user XXXXX failed with following error oracle. bpel. services. workflow. client. workflowservieclientException javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException could not determine wsdl ports
- Oracle Identity Manager BP07 for 11gR1 PS1 188.8.131.52.7 (16097399) is now available – (Part of Identity Management SUite BP03 16209876)
- OIM 11g : SQL to List User’s Manager
- OIM integrated with OAM (SSO) showing OIM login screen : User Soft Locked
- OIM 11g: Beware if you are applying WebLogic patch !
- Help Me : Microsoft Active Directory Password Sync version and latest patch for Oracle Identity Manager 184.108.40.206
- Upgrade OIM connector for Microsoft Exchange to 220.127.116.11 Part I
- OIM Administrators : Is your OIM database Growing ? Do you purge enough ?
- EBS Integration with OIM : Employee Reconciliation : NumberFormatException: “BUSINESS_GROUP_ID”
- OIM EBS User Management : eBusiness UM Lookup Definition Reconciliation failed with Invalid Schedule Task Parameter