This post covers key changes (important for Apps DBA’s) from Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS/Apps) 12.0/12.1 to release R12.2. If you want to see changes between Oracle Apps 11i and R12 then check here , here or Rupesh’s Posts here
Changes in R12 (12.2)
1. Oracle E-Business Suite R12 (12.2) uses Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g R1 PS3 (220.127.116.11) including WebLogic 10.3.4 as its application server (Note: In previous version of R12 i.e. 12.0.X and 12.1.X this is 10g R3 i.e. 10.1.3.X). Oracle HTTP Server (OHS) in R12 (12.2) is 18.104.22.168.
If you are new to Oracle WebLogic Server then check our WebLogic Series here
2. Oracle E-Business Suite R12 (12.2) uses Oracle Application Server 10g R3 (10.1.2.3) for Forms & Reports (Note: In previous version of R12 i.e. 12.0.X and 12.1.X, forms are reports are of same version i.e. 10.1.2.3)
3. Default Database for Oracle E-Business Suite R12 (12.2) is 11g R2 (11.2.X) . (Note: In previous version of R12 i.e. 12.0.X, default database is 11.1 and 12.1.X, default database is 11.2)
4. Oracle JSP Compiler (OJSP) 10.1.3.5 (12.0.X and 12.1.X) is replaced by WebLogic JSP Compiler 22.214.171.124 in R12 version 12.2
5. Online Patching (OLP) introduced in Oracle Apps 12.2 , uses Oracle Database edition-based redefinition to reduce patch down time (more on edition-based redefinition coming soon). A secondary file system for application tier (in Apps R12 – 12.2) is introduced to support OnLine Patching (OLP) . (More on secondary file system in Apps R12.2 coming soon during 12.2 installation)
6. Oracle Apps R12.2 cloning will also support Fusion Middleware (126.96.36.199 – discussed in point 1) cloning. For standalone cloning of Fusion Middleware 11gR1 click here
7. Oracle Web Applications Desktop Integrator (Web ADI) in R12.2 is now certified with Microsoft Office 32-bit and 64-bit.
Step by step installation of Oracle E-Business Suite (Apps) R12.2 coming soon ..
If you need to learn more about Oracle Apps DBA (Architecture, Installation, WebLogic, Patching, Cloning and other maintenance tasks with the upgrade of Oracle E-Business Suite 12.2.0 to 12.2.4 then have a look at our Oracle Apps DBA Training or for more useful Oracle related discussions join private Facebook Group
Oracle ACE, Author, Speaker and Founder of K21 Technologies & K21 Academy : Oracle Gold Partner specialising in Design, Implement, and Trainings.
Find Us On