When user login to OIM for first time, they are asked to set response to challenge questions. These challenge question and response are used, if user forgets his/her password and try to reset them via forgot password link. This post covers overview of challenge question and adding/managing additional questions.
a) Navigate to Administration -> Lookup Definition
b) Search for Lookup Code Lookup.WebClient.Questions
c) Click on Add/Delete button to add or delete challenge questions
2. OIM challenge question and response are governed by following System Properties that are accessible from OIM Advanced Administration Console using Advanced -> System Management (tab) -> System Configuration
a) OIM.DisableChallengeQuestions (default value FALSE) : determines if challenge questions are enabled or disabled. Set this value to TRUE (i.e. disable challenge questions in OIM), if OIM is integrated with OAAM (Adaptive Access Manager) so that challenge questions are set by OIM.
b) PCQ.PROVIDE_DURING_SELFREG (default value TRUE) : determines if user has to provide challenge information during self registration.
c) XL.IsDupResponseAllowed (default value FALSE) : determines if duplicate answer to challenge questions are allowed or not. If set to TRUE, users are allowed to select same answer to different challenge questions.
d) XL.ResponseMinLength (default value 0) : determines minimum length of response required for challenge question.
e) PCQ.NO_OF_CORRECT_ANSWERS (default value 3) : determines number of questions , user must answer correctly to reset user password.
f) OIM.ChallengeQuestionsModificationURL (default value NONE) : determines challenge question URL when OIM.DisableChallengeQuestions is set to TRUE. Typically used in OIM integration with OAAM
g) PCQ.USE_DEF_QUES (default value TRUE) : determines if user must select questions from pre-defined list, or if users are required to provide their own questions.
Note: If you wish to give option to users to set their own questions then you will have to customise OIM user interface and then set PCQ.USE_DEF_QUES to FALSE
h) PCQ.FORCE_SET_QUES (default value TRUE) : determines if user is forced to set challenge question/response at start-up. If value is set to FALSE then Skip challenge questions or Remind Later is displayed.
i) PCQ.NO_OF_QUES (default value 3) : determines Number of challenge questions that must be completed by user.
3. User challenge question and responses are stored in table PCQ of OIM schema where USR_KEY is column which links to USR_KEY in USR (USER details) table .
Related Posts for Identity Manager
- Oracle Identity Manager (User Provisioning – Thor)
- Installing Oracle Identity Manager (Thor Xellerate)
- Oracle Identity Manager 9.1 released
- Oracle Identity Manager (Thor Xellerate) Architecture
- Resource, Reconciliation, Provisioning and Connector in Oracle Identity Manager #OIM
- Oracle Identity Manager (OIM) Connector for Oracle Internet Directory (OID) : Architecture and Overview
- Step by Step Installation of OIM Design Console 9.1.0
- Error while running PurgeCache in OIM 11g : LoginException unable to find LoginModule class : WebLogic Full Clinet
- Integrate OIM 11g with OID using connector for Provisioning / Reconcilliation – Installation
- PurgeCache in OIM 11g : CategoryName
- OIM LDAP Sync : Overview and Key Points
- OIM 11g : How to export/import/delete Files from MDS
- Where are OAM details stored in OIM (account unlock, password reset)
- libOVD adapters in OIM LDAP Integration : LDAPsync – view and modify Adapter settings (bindDN and bindPassword)
- Error Starting OIM Design Console (xlclient.sh) on Linux java.lang. NoClassDefFoundError
- OIM 11g Challenge Questions (PCQ) for forgot password
- Oracle EBS Integration with OIM (Identity Manager) : Things you should know
- Users not synced from OID to OIM : Debug Scheduled Job
- OIM Connector for Microsoft : AD, Exchange, Windows, Password Management
- Connector Server for OIM connectors : .NET or JAVA
- OIM 11g Challenge Questions – Everything you must know
- OIM 11g How to add Challenge Questions
- OIM : Assign AD resource : An error occurred because the Adapters are not compiled : How to compile adapters in OIM
- OIM User Creation : An Error occurred while performing create user operation. Unable to get LDAP connection
- OIM – AD integration : Active Directory Group Lookup Recon failed with error Remote Framework Key is invalid
- Microsoft Active Directory (AD) to Oracle Identity Manager (OIM) Password Synchronization: Things you must know : Part I
- Provision resource “Microsoft Exchange” to user in OIM : Status remains in Provisioning : Part I
- Target Resource (or Managed Resource) vs Trusted Source (or Authoritative Source) Mode : OIM integration with applications (AD, OID, OVD, EBS, SAP, HR, LDAP)
- 500 Internal server accessing OIM application : com.bea. security.MicroSM. getInstance oracle.iam. platform. authz.impl
- Your account is locked. You can unlock your account by going to Forgot Password
- OIM 11g : How to find User and Manager details : USR table
- OIM 11g : User Detail/Attribute (Description) not visible in OIM User screen : EBS / OID / OIM integration
- OIM 11g: The add proxy operation for user XXXXX failed with following error oracle. bpel. services. workflow. client. workflowservieclientException javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException could not determine wsdl ports
- Oracle Identity Manager BP07 for 11gR1 PS1 188.8.131.52.7 (16097399) is now available – (Part of Identity Management SUite BP03 16209876)
- OIM 11g : SQL to List User’s Manager
- OIM integrated with OAM (SSO) showing OIM login screen : User Soft Locked
- OIM 11g: Beware if you are applying WebLogic patch !
- Help Me : Microsoft Active Directory Password Sync version and latest patch for Oracle Identity Manager 184.108.40.206
- Upgrade OIM connector for Microsoft Exchange to 220.127.116.11 Part I
- OIM Administrators : Is your OIM database Growing ? Do you purge enough ?
- EBS Integration with OIM : Employee Reconciliation : NumberFormatException: “BUSINESS_GROUP_ID”
- OIM EBS User Management : eBusiness UM Lookup Definition Reconciliation failed with Invalid Schedule Task Parameter