I recently installed Oracle Fusion Application 11.1.3 successfully and in this post I’ll cover my experience on Fusion Applications 11.1.3 installation (more on 45+ issues encountered during FA installation later). We also provide Fusion Application (FA) Installation & Implementation Service, Contact Us if you are looking for Fusion Application Installation, Implementation or Training.
2. Oracle Identity & Access Management – IAM (mainly OID/OIM/OAM) is pre-requisite to install Oracle Fusion Applications.
a) Oracle Internet Directory (OID) is used as Identity Store and Policy Store in Fusion Application (MS-AD is also supported as Identity Store or configure OVD for any other LDAP Server as Identity Store)
b) Oracle Identity Manager (OIM) is used as Identity & Role management in Fusion Application.
c) Oracle Access Manager (OAM) is used as Access Management to login to Fusion Application.
Note: I used single OID for both Policy Store and Identity Store.
3. Oracle Virtual Directory (OVD) is optional component, If you are not using OVD then run FA Installer (provisioningWizard.sh) with option -ignoreSysPrereqs
4. Oracle Documentation recommends to install Policy Store and Identity Store in two different OID (with their own dedicated database) however it is fully supported to keep Identity & Policy Store in same OID under single database.
5. Server Spec : I used server with 8 CPU Intel Xeon (2.13 GHz), 132 GB memory and Linux 5 update 5 as Operating System. I used YUM to install required Linux packages for Fusion Applications.
7. Disk Space Used :
- IAM Database : 13 GB
- IAM Middle Tier (OID, OAM, OIM, SOA, OHS) : 11 GB
- Fusion Apps – Transactional Database : 40 GB
- Fusion Apps – Application Tier : 81 GB
- Fusion Apps software (11.1.3) unzipped without zip files : 70 GB
- IAM Installation : Database, OID, OIM, OAM, SOA, OHS, WebGate – Installation, Configuration & Integration – approx. 10 Hours
- Provisioning Framework Installation : 15 Minutes
- Transactional Database for FA : 40 Minutes
- Load Fusion Applications Schema in Transactional Database : 90 Minutes
- Creating Response File for Fusion Application : 45 Minutes
- Installing Fusion Application: approx. 8 Hours (Prerequisite checks – 40 Minutes, Installation – 90 Minutes, Preconfigure – 30 Minutes, Configure – 90 Minutes, Configure Secondary even for single node installation – 20 Minutes, Post Configure 190 Minutes)
Most of my issues were during prerequisite phase of Installation, after that installation was smooth. More on all the issues (with fixes) encountered during Fusion Applications installation in my coming posts.
If you are installing or have already installed Fusion Applications (FA) then I would like to hear your experience and issues faced during FA installation.
Related Posts for Fusion Apps
- Oracle Fusion Applications Overview
- Oracle Fusion Application for Apps DBAs – Concepts
- Install Oracle Fusion Applications in 10 Steps
- Oracle Fusion Applications : Provisioning Framework Overview
- Oracle Fusion Applications : Provisioning Framework Installation
- Provision Transaction Database for Oracle Fusion Applications
- Create Fusion Applications Schema using RCU : fusion & otbi
- Fusion Application 126.96.36.199.1 is now available
- Fusion Apps Installation : Database Provisioning Failed during listener start
- Fusion Applications : 128 GB memory and 500 GB Disk space : Are you ready
- Fusion Applications 188.8.131.52.1 Part I – Install Identity and Access Management (OID/OAM/OIM) 11g
- Fusion Applications 184.108.40.206.1 Installation Part II – Configure Oracle Internet Directory
- Fusion Applications 220.127.116.11.1 Installation Part III – Configure Policy and Identity Store
- Fusion Applications 18.104.22.168.1 Installation Part IV – Extend WebLogic Domain to include OIM/OAM and configure OIM
- Fusion Applications 22.214.171.124.1 Installation Part V – Integrate OIM with OAM
- Oracle Fusion Application 11.1.3 is now available
- Oracle Fusion Applications 11.1.3 Installation Experience
- FA Installation Error : runProvisioning-preverify FAPROV-00298 make sure password FUSION_RUNTIME schema password is valid
- FA Installation Error 2 – List of failed Validation in OIM OAM_Validation: Cannot perform OAM Validation as null
- Identity & Access Management configuration for Oracle Fusion Applications – Part I
- Oracle FA Installation Error 3: private-preverify-free-space The file system only has 190113 MB, but 204800 MB is needed
- Oracle Fusion Applications (FA) 11g R1 PS3 (11.1.4) is now available
- Oracle Fusion Applications (11g Release 7) 11.1.7 is now available to Download & Install
- Oracle Fusion Applications 11.1.8 is now available