I discussed about OID multi-master replication (LDAP based) in OID 11g here , In this post I am going to answer some of the question about OID replication that an OID administrator must know
- Where is OID replication configuration stored in DIT (Directory Information Tree) ?
- What user two OID nodes (part of replication group) uses to communicate to each other ?
- What process is run as part of OID replication service ?
1. By default when you install OID, it creates container cn=replication configuration in OID root as shown below
a) Here innowave21 is host name where OID is installed (listening on port 3070) and OIAM is Database Instance Name (or SID for single node database) where ODS schema for this OID exists.
b) In below screenshot you will see second OID installed and running on same host innowave21 (listening on port 3080) and in different database OIAM2
2. After configuring replication between these two OIDs you would see
3) Here user cn=replication dn,orclreplicaid=innowave21_OIAM,cn=replication configuration in first OID and user cn=replication dn,orclreplicaid=innowave21_OIAM2,cn=replication configuration in second OID is used to communicate with each other.
4) Password of account cn=replication dn,orclreplicaid=[OID_hostname]_[DATBASE_INSTANCE],cn=replication configuration is same as ODS schema password and is stored in file at $ORACLE_INSTANCE/OID/admin/
5) In below screenshots
a) attribute orclReplicateState means – 0 (boot strap mode), 1 (online), 2 (offline) – other values are 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 (sync schema), 8 (boot strap without schema sync) – This means below two OIDs are in online mode
b) orclReplicaType – 0 (Read / Write), 1 (Read Only), 2 (Pilot or Testing mode) – This means both OIDs are configured in Read/Write Mode i.e. Multi-Master
6) When configured OID with replication you should see replication process like
[aiam@innowave21 ~]$ ps ux | grep oidrepld
aiam 3583 0.0 0.0 144328 11924 ? Sl 07:59 0:02 /oracle/apps/iam/mid/idm/idm/bin/oidrepld -p 3070 -d 0
7) OID replication logs are stored in file $ORACLE_INSTANCE/diagnostics/logs/OID/[oid1]/oidrepldXX-XXXX.log
Entry like below means change is shipped from OID2 (in database oiam2) to OID1 (in database oiam) and applied to OID1
[2012-10-05T12:32:19+01:00] [OID] [NOTIFICATION:16]  [OIDREPLD] [host: innowave21] [pid: 30264] [tid: 1] Reader(Transport):: 1 new changes (for transport) queued from innowave21_oiam2 to innowave21_oiam
[2012-10-05T12:33:07+01:00] [OID] [NOTIFICATION:16]  [OIDREPLD] [host: innowave21] [pid: 30264] [tid: 2] Reader(Apply):: 1 new changes queued from innowave21_oiam2 to innowave21_oiam
Related Posts for OID
- Oracle Internet Directory OID
- Oracle Internet Directory – Basics II
- OID to OID/Active Directory/iPlanet other LDAP Server Integration
- Multi Master OID Replication
- OID Architecture
- Oracle Internet Directory , OID Troubleshooting
- Server Chaining in OID
- OID Quesries/ Scripts FAQ
- OIDADMIN Client
- Oracle Identity Management (OID) 11g installation Issues on Linux
- OID 11g – Oracle Directory Services Manager (ODSM)
- DIP : Synchronization, Provisioing, Connectors, DSS in Oracle Directory Services (ODS) 11g
- OID Replication – Suppliers, Consumers, DRG, ASR/LDAP based replication
- ASR setup has failed – Error occurred while dropping database link : ORA-02084 : database name is missing a component while Configuring Multi Master OID replication using “remtool -asrsetup”
- OID 11g Down : Unable to Start OID 11g using OPMN (ODS schema locked ORA-28002)
- OID/Directory Services 11g – Schema, Object Class, Attributes
- OID 11g Distributed Install : DIP/ODSM (Java Component) & OID (LDAP/REPLD) on different machine
- OID Server Mode R, RW, RM: LDAP: error code 53 – Server currently in read only mode
- How to change OID 11g database schema (ODS) password
- How to add custom attribute, Object Classe in OID from command line or GUI
- Oracle Internet Directory (OID) and Real Application Cluster (RAC) database : Things you must know
- How to Update User Password in OID (single account or bulk) – command line or GUI
- Error starting OID 11g during configuration stage of OID installation on Windows Server “ProvisionException: Failed to start the component”
- How to delete Entries in OID 11g in Bulk – Delete Failed : Ldap Error Code 66 Not allowed on Non-Leaf
- How to find latest changelog number (or changes) in OID ?
- Context Initialization Error on running ldapsearch commands on OID Server
- How to find OID version and patches applied on OID Home ?
- How to change OID 11g LDAP/LDAPS listen port
- How to find/audit Failed Login Attempts in OID 11g
- Step by Step configuration of OID Multi Master Replication – LDAP based in OID 11g
- OID 11g LDAP based Multi Master replication : Configuration Entries you must know
- Configure SSL for Oracle Internet Directory (OID)
- How to backup Oracle Internet Directory (OID) 11g – Data : Full / Partial