Two days back i have faced some funny issue in my project. Issue was, suddenly hostname and url prefix got disappear from oracle policy manager. I couldn’t able to see hostname/url prefix under resource tab which we have already configured. I’m wondered how it happened suddenly.
Here i would like tell you how I found the issue and how i fixed it.
1. First enable the OID into debug mode, parameter flag orcldebugflag from 0 to 1 and orcldebugop from 0 to 511. More details Metalink ID: 397821.1
2. Then reproduce the issue.
3. Captured the ldap logs, from this logs i got some clue about the issue. There is a lot of MissingEdn errors in OID. It mean, response for search query is not complete some of the search response were missing.
Based on error, i have found two metalinks which deals this issue.
OID Is Not Returning The Attributes For All Users When Queried [ID 1087626.1] Search Performance Issues With OID 10.1.4.3 [ID 1051152.1]
OID Is Not Returning The Attributes For All Users When Queried [ID 1087626.1]
With the following db parameters set for the system the issue does not occur
– set optimizer_features_enable = ‘10.2.0.4’
– set “_hash_join_enabled” = false
– set “_gby_hash_aggregation_enabled” = false
– set optimizer_features_enable = ‘10.2.0.3’
Search Performance Issues With OID 10.1.4.3 [ID 1051152.1]
Download Patch 9344963 from My Oracle Support and install in OID server according to README instructions
Issue got vanished once I completed the above steps. Hope this post will help you if you are facing this issue. Thanks
An Oracle Identity and Access Management professional, having working on Oracle Access Manager Single Sign-On implementations, Installation/Configuration of Identity Server, Web Pass, Web Gate, Access Gate, Policy Manager, Access Server, Policy Domains, Authentication /Authorization schemes, Single Sign-On (single and multi-domain), OIM, OVD, OID, OAAM, OIF, High Availability/Failover/ SSL deployment.
Find Us On