If you manage Oracle Identity Manager (OIM – is Identity Management and Account Provisioning Software and is part of Oracle Identity Manageemnt Suite) and if you see OIM database growing then this post is for you. This post covers, type of data in OIM database (OIM purge in detail to follow soon).
In Oracle Identity Manager (OIM) there is mainly four type of data
a) Reconciliation Data (Reconciliation Events): During reconciliation, reconciliation manager reconciles data in reconciliation tables (RECON_%, RA_%) . This data is not cleared from reconciliation tables automatically and you must purge/archive these tables periodically.
b) Task Data : Task data refers to activities that make Provisioning Process (OSI, OSH, SCH). This data is not cleared from reconciliation tables automatically and you must purge/archive these tables periodically.
c) Platform Data : Data for Orchestration Events or Context Data is referred as Platform Data and is stored in table ORCHPROCESS, ORCHEVENTS, CONTEXT, CONTEXTVALUE. There is schedule task “Orchestration Process Cleanup Task scheduled task” to delete completed Orchestration Process . However, this task does not delete Orchestration Process that are not yet complete . More on how to purge OIM Orchestration Events whose status is not COMPLETE in next post.
d) Request Data : Requests in OIM are stored in database in tables REQUEST%, WF_INSTANCE. The data in these tables must be purged regularly for better performance.
This information is covered in OIM documentation here
You must also look at Oracle Support Note # 1331331.1 Using the Audit Archival and Purge Utility for OIM(Oracle Identity Manager)
Related Posts for Identity Manager
- Oracle Identity Manager (User Provisioning – Thor)
- Installing Oracle Identity Manager (Thor Xellerate)
- Oracle Identity Manager 9.1 released
- Oracle Identity Manager (Thor Xellerate) Architecture
- Resource, Reconciliation, Provisioning and Connector in Oracle Identity Manager #OIM
- Oracle Identity Manager (OIM) Connector for Oracle Internet Directory (OID) : Architecture and Overview
- Step by Step Installation of OIM Design Console 9.1.0
- Error while running PurgeCache in OIM 11g : LoginException unable to find LoginModule class : WebLogic Full Clinet
- Integrate OIM 11g with OID using connector for Provisioning / Reconcilliation – Installation
- PurgeCache in OIM 11g : CategoryName
- OIM LDAP Sync : Overview and Key Points
- OIM 11g : How to export/import/delete Files from MDS
- Where are OAM details stored in OIM (account unlock, password reset)
- libOVD adapters in OIM LDAP Integration : LDAPsync – view and modify Adapter settings (bindDN and bindPassword)
- Error Starting OIM Design Console (xlclient.sh) on Linux java.lang. NoClassDefFoundError
- OIM 11g Challenge Questions (PCQ) for forgot password
- Oracle EBS Integration with OIM (Identity Manager) : Things you should know
- Users not synced from OID to OIM : Debug Scheduled Job
- OIM Connector for Microsoft : AD, Exchange, Windows, Password Management
- Connector Server for OIM connectors : .NET or JAVA
- OIM 11g Challenge Questions – Everything you must know
- OIM 11g How to add Challenge Questions
- OIM : Assign AD resource : An error occurred because the Adapters are not compiled : How to compile adapters in OIM
- OIM User Creation : An Error occurred while performing create user operation. Unable to get LDAP connection
- OIM – AD integration : Active Directory Group Lookup Recon failed with error Remote Framework Key is invalid
- Microsoft Active Directory (AD) to Oracle Identity Manager (OIM) Password Synchronization: Things you must know : Part I
- Provision resource “Microsoft Exchange” to user in OIM : Status remains in Provisioning : Part I
- Target Resource (or Managed Resource) vs Trusted Source (or Authoritative Source) Mode : OIM integration with applications (AD, OID, OVD, EBS, SAP, HR, LDAP)
- 500 Internal server accessing OIM application : com.bea. security.MicroSM. getInstance oracle.iam. platform. authz.impl
- Your account is locked. You can unlock your account by going to Forgot Password
- OIM 11g : How to find User and Manager details : USR table
- OIM 11g : User Detail/Attribute (Description) not visible in OIM User screen : EBS / OID / OIM integration
- OIM 11g: The add proxy operation for user XXXXX failed with following error oracle. bpel. services. workflow. client. workflowservieclientException javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException could not determine wsdl ports
- Oracle Identity Manager BP07 for 11gR1 PS1 188.8.131.52.7 (16097399) is now available – (Part of Identity Management SUite BP03 16209876)
- OIM 11g : SQL to List User’s Manager
- OIM integrated with OAM (SSO) showing OIM login screen : User Soft Locked
- OIM 11g: Beware if you are applying WebLogic patch !
- Help Me : Microsoft Active Directory Password Sync version and latest patch for Oracle Identity Manager 184.108.40.206
- Upgrade OIM connector for Microsoft Exchange to 220.127.116.11 Part I
- OIM Administrators : Is your OIM database Growing ? Do you purge enough ?
- EBS Integration with OIM : Employee Reconciliation : NumberFormatException: “BUSINESS_GROUP_ID”
- OIM EBS User Management : eBusiness UM Lookup Definition Reconciliation failed with Invalid Schedule Task Parameter