1. Multi Master OID replication uses database advanced replication feature
2. It uses asynchronous data propagation between supplier and consumer.
** Supplier writes changes to its change log and then send batched jobs to consumers, consumers receive change logs and applies the changes locally and then purges local changes data.
Figure on left hand side shows activity at supplier end and on right is consumer end.
All replica member in multimaster replication act as supplier and consumer at same time.
Replication process at Supplier end (Left Fig.)
1. User modify an entry in OID (Oracle LDAP Server)
2. The Oracle directory server generates a change log object in the change log object store.
3. At a scheduled time, the Oracle directory replication server launches an outbound change log processing thread. This thread translates the change log object into a row
Oracle ACE, Author, Speaker and Founder of K21 Technologies & K21 Academy : Oracle Gold Partner specialising in Design, Implement, and Trainings.
Find Us On