Today’s post covers hgh level steps for cloning Oracle Apps Instances (11i/R12/12i) integrated with SSO/OID (10.1.2.0.2 or 10.1.4)
Option available for integration of 11i/R12/12i
Option 1 : Integrate only OID & SSO – In this option you integrate only Infrastructure Tier of 10g AS (10.1.2.0.2) or Identity Management (10.1.4) . This is useful if you wish to integrate Apps for SSO access. Oracle Portal (10.1.4) or Discoverer (10g) is not integrate in this option.
Option 2 : Integrate 10g Portal – In this option you integrate 10g Portal (10.1.4) with Oracle Applications 11i/R12/12i. For Portal install, OID & SSO is must hence when you configure 10g Portal, you integrate OID & SSO by default.
Option 3 : Integrate 10 Portal & Discoverer – This option is similar to option 2 with discoverer as additional component.
Option 4 : Integrate only Discoverer without SSO & OID– Using standalone CD of Discoverer you integrate with E-Business Suite 11i (No OID & SSO)
Top Level Cloning Steps for Apps 11i/R12/12i Integrated with OID/SSO/Portal :
– Clone 11i/R12 instance using rapid clone ( Overview of clone in 11i & R12)
– Clone/Stage OID/SSO (for Option1) or Portal/OID/SSO/Discoverer (for Option2)
– Reregister cloned Apps instance to cloned/staged OID/SSO server using txkrun.pl with option SetSSOReg
– If you already have target OID/SSO/Portal instance then you simply have to import portal, Discoverer, OID and SSO Data from source to target instance (Steps & Oracle documentation mentioned in my previous post of cloning/staging OID/SSO/Portal )
– If target OID/SSO/Portal instance is not available, you have to install it first using runInstaller
– Check my previous post on staging/cloning portal at Stage 10g Portal/OID/SSO
Once you have target OID/SSO/Portal Instance then Register Cloned Apps Instance to new OID/SSO using
$FND_TOP/bin/txkrun.pl -script=SetSSORegIf you hit any issues during cloning of Apps Instance with OID/SSO and Portal ; you can raise it in forum http://teachMeOracle.com/forum dedicated to Apps DBA’s
Oracle ACE, Author, Speaker and Founder of K21 Technologies & K21 Academy : Oracle Gold Partner specialising in Design, Implement, and Trainings.
Find Us On