Oracle Fusion Applications are Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) applications including Financial Management, Supply Chain Management, Procurement, Human Resource Management ….
- Oracle Fusion Applications are built on Oracle Fusion Middleware based on Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) and includes Application Development Framework (ADF), WebCenter, Business Intelligence (BI), Content Management (UCM/ECM) and Identity Management (IdM).
- Oracle Fusion Applications are Java Enterprise Edition (Java EE) applications delployed on Fusion Middleware.
- Fusion Applications are organized in Pillars where Pillar is standalone subset of Oracle Fusion Applications (example Financials Pillar consists of modules related to Financials). A pillar can include multiple families or sub-groups.
- Pillar consists of a database, one or more Java EE applications, ADF Business Service, and SOA composites (which connect to database at runtime).
- Pillars can be co-located, i.e. it is possible to install more than one Pillar in a single database instance.
- Fusion Applications uses Oracle Identity Management components for Security, mainly Oracle Platform Security Services (OPSS) and Oracle Authorization Policy Manager (OAPM) . To know more about OPSS and OAPM click here
Note: Oracle Fusion Applications will be available (tentative date for general availability) in first quarter of 2011.