If you integrate Oracle E-Business Suite with Oracle Internet Directory (OID) and Oracle Identity Manager (OIM) (without Oracle EBS connectors) then users from EBS to OID are synced via EBS Provisioning Profile. These user in OID are then synced to OIM using LDAPSync
Note: If you integrate EBS with OID/OIM without EBS connectors then provisioning of EBS Responsibility (entitlements) is not possible via OIM.
When user sync from Oracle E-Business Suite (R12) to Oracle Internet Directory (OID), attributes that gets provisioned from EBS to OID are ( USER_NAME->UID, DESCRIPTION -> DESCRIPTION, EMAIL_ADDRESS -> MAIL, FAX -> FACSIMILETELEPHONENUMBER, END_DATE -> ORCLACTIVEENDDATE, START_DATE -> ORCLACTIVESTARTDATE, START_DATE/END_DATE -> ORCLISENABLED, ENCRYPTED_USER_PASSWORD -> USERPASSWORD )
If you login to Oracle Identity Manager and view user details, DESCRIPTION field is not visible by default. You can make attribute DESCRIPTION visible in user detail screen of OIM using steps mentioned here
Here are quick steps to make DESCRIPTION field visible in OIM
1. Login to OIM as user with System Administrator role like xelsysadm
2. Click on Advanced (Top right corner ) and go to Advanced Administration Console
3. Click in User Configuration
4. Click on User Attribute under Actions
5. Under Other User Attribute, select Description and click on Modify Attribute
6. Change Visible from No to Yes and click Save
7. Query the user and ensure that you can see description field
Oracle ACE, Author, Speaker and Founder of K21 Technologies & K21 Academy : Specialising in Design, Implement, and Trainings.