Here are few Apps DBA interview questions you can expect, if recruiter is looking for SSO-Apps Integration expertise
Q. How to find if your E-Business Suite is integrated with SSO/OID (10g Identity Management)
– There are multiple ways to find out Apps 11i/R12 is integrated with SSO/OID
a) Check if SSOSDK schema exists (in Apps 11i/R12) and check table in SSOSDK schema
b) Check if log file exists at $OAD_TOP/rgf/$CONTEXT_NAME/sso
c) Profile option Option “Application SSO Types”
Q. If Single Sign-On server & OID is down, can users still login ?
Yes, use localLogin
Q. Name few Profile Option w.r.t. SSO Integration
– Application SSO Types
– Application SSO login types
– Application SSO Auto link User
* Make sure you know about these profile option as explain these profile option and how they effect SSO Integration
Q. Which SSO build version you are currently working ?
– Build 1, 2.1, 2.2, 3, 3.1, 4, 5, 6
Q. What is OID version you used for Apps-SSO/OID Integration ?
Latest certified OID version is 10.1.4.0.1 (Other certified were 10.1.2.0.2, 9.0.4 )
Q. What was direction of User synchronization ?
– From OID to Apps
– Apps to OID
Q. What extra steps you need to do after changing apps password in SSO Integrated Apps Instances ?
– Update provisioning profile in OID with new apps password
Q. If new users created is not able to login, how will you troubleshoot ?
– Check if user exist in both Apps (FND_USER) and OID (If not check if user provisioning is working fine)
– If user exist check Password (in FND_USER) is set to External (If set to LOCAL user should try AppsLocalLogin.jsp)
Q. User is currently set to Login via SSO, what steps you need to do to change user for Local Login
– Set Profile Option “Applications SSO Login Types” to LOCAL or BOTH
– Reset User Password using FNDCPASS
– Login using URL /OA_HTML/AppsLocalLogin.jsp
Q. Where is log file for Apps Registration to SSO/OID ?
Q. Where is log file for User Provisioning ?
On OID Node under $ORACLE_HOME/ldap/odi/log
Q. How you clone Oracle Apps (11i/R12) Instance Integrated with OID/SSO
– Clone E-Business Suite using Rapid Clone
– Migrate User/Groups from source to target using ldifwrite & bulkload.sh
– Migrate Password Policy, DAS Admin Group
and finally Register target Apps to Target OID/SSO
Q. What all issues you encountered during SSO/OID Integration ?
Q. What is Subscription List ?
Q. What is mapping file w.r.t. User provisioning between Apps & OID and what is default location of oracle shipped
mapping file in Apps ?
Q. What is ODISRV in OID ?
ODISRV stands for Directory Integration Server and used during user provisioning between Apps and OID
Q. How to load initial Set of user from Apps to OID or Vice-Versa ?
From Apps to OID
– Create intermediate LDIF file
– Using ldifmigrator create final LDIF file
– Use bulkload to load ldif file containing users to OID
– Finally create subscription for bulkloaded users
From OID to Apps
– Use ldifwrite to create dump of users into LDIF file
– Using LDAPUserImport to import user to apps
Post your questions in comment section
Oracle ACE, Author, Speaker and Founder of K21 Technologies & K21 Academy : Oracle Gold Partner specialising in Design, Implement, and Trainings.