In today’s post I am going to cover overview of Oracle SOA and discuss various components of Oracle SOA Suite.
SOA : Different people have different definition of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) where SOA helps in developing enterprise application as Modular Web Service.
These web services are reusable, flexible and able to change on requirement.
Oracle SOA Suite : Set of components/software which helps in creating, deploying and managing services. Various components of Oracle SOA Suite are
1. Oracle BPEL Process Manager(HW – Human Workflow) : This component is used to design, deploy, monitor and administer BPEL Process.
2. Oracle Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) : Moves data among various endpoints (within and outside enterprise)
3. Business Rule : enables dynamic decision at run time. Business analysts can change business rules without stopping business processes and without involvement of developers.
4. Business Activity Monitoring (BAM) : Used to monitor services in real time and correlate Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to actual business process. It delivers information through dashboard and alerts.
5. Web Services Manager (OWSM) : used to secure Web Services and monitor activities performed on protected web services. Two main components of OWSM (Oracle Web Services Manager) are PDP (Policy Decision Point) and PEP (Policy Enforcement Point)
6. Oracle JDeveloper, ADF & TopLink: Oracle JDeveloper, TopLink and OADF (Oracle Application Development Framework) are development tool to design, create, deploy application based on Web Services.
More on individual SOA Suite components (BPEL Process Manager, BAM, OWSM, ESB) coming soon…
Oracle ACE, Author, Speaker and Founder of K21 Technologies & K21 Academy : Oracle Gold Partner specialising in Design, Implement, and Trainings.
Find Us On