We need to change apps password manually, if you forgot and can’t check it in wdbsvr.app at $IAS_ORACLE_HOME/Apache/modplsql/cfg .
Please remember that the APPLSYS and APPS passwords always
have to be the same. Always change both at the same time. When changing these
passwords, it is important to change the APPLSYS password first and the APPS later.
please back up the FND_ORACLE_ID and FND_USER tables before beginning.
1. Have all users log out of applications.
2. Shutdown the concurrent managers. (You can’t shutdown using adcmctl.sh if you don’t know apps password so use frontend)
3. Log in to applications as System Administrator.
4. Navigate to Security> Oracle> Register
5. Query up all available Oracle Ids.
(NOTE: do not log out of this session of Applications until you have verified
that all the following steps have been completed successfully).
6. At the same time, login to SQL*PLUS as the SYSTEM user.
7. In the applications session, enter the new password for APPLSYS. Re-enter (Same time do it in SQLPLUS ,after finishing Application part))
the same password when asked to re-enter the password to confirm.
8. Save the change.
Note: At this point of the procedure you will see a “Caution” dialog box which states the following:
“You are changing the APPLSYS password. Doing so will affect the whole system”.
NOTE: The first character of the APPLSYS password MUST NOT BE a numeric.
Use only alpha characters for the first character in the APPLSYS password.
all APPS schema passwords to match the APPLSYS password.
9. In the same applications session, change the APPS password.
Note: Re-query the form (query – run) every time after changing the APPS
password. If it is not re-queried and the APPS password is changed again, it is
impossible to continue.
10. In the SQL*Plus session, issue the following statements to change the
passwords in the database, where ‘XXX’ is the password assigned to that
user in the previous steps:
sql>ALTER USER APPLSYS IDENTIFIED BY XXX;
sql>ALTER USER APPS IDENTIFIED BY XXX;
“Remember don’t log out from the application yet”
11. Open a NEW session in applications, WITHOUT CLOSING THE PREVIOUS SESSION,
and log in.
If log in is successful, the change was successful. Otherwise, repeat steps 5
onward, ensuring the same password is used for both APPLSYS and APPS, in both
applications and SQL*Plus.
Followed the Metalink Doc Note:160337.1
But no need to change the password for APPLSYSPUB and in metalink note they did not mention about autoconfig..
The most important thing … Please run autoconfig. so that change will effect the entire system.
I am Rajat Dey and I have more than decade of Oracle experience from all major regions throughout the globe. I am well versed in most facets of Oracle, supporting database, fusion middleware and the eBusiness suite across many operating system platforms.Currently I am located in Sydney Oracle Financials 11i and Release 12,12.2 Oracle RDBMS 7x,8i , 9i,10g and 11g Amazon cloud . Oracle RAC 10g and 11g Oracle Applications Server Oracle Web logic Server OBIEE Hyperion SSO Oracle Portal PL/SQL UNIX SQL MS-SQL 2008. OEM 12c . Data Guard . Essbase . Database backup and recovery. Performance Tunning. TimeSten