Servers: Indapp001 and Usaapp002
To do: To mount “/export/home” of Indapp001 on Usaapp002.
Issue the following commands on Indapp001:
1. Share the required file system “/export/home” of Indapp001.
Start the nfs server on Indapp001.
# svcadm enable network/nfs/server
2. Share the “/export/home” of Indapp001 for everyone on the network.
#share -F nfs -o rw -d “home dirs” /export/home
Issue the following commands on Usaapp002:
3. From Usaapp002 check which files are shared on Indapp001 for NFS mount.
# showmount -e Indapp001
export list for Indapp001:
4. Create mount point on Usaapp002 “t2”
5. Mount file system of Indapp001 “/export/home” on Usaapp002
# mount Indapp001:/export/home /t2
6. Checked the mounted file system by issuing the “df -h” command:
# df -h /t2
Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on
29G 3.1G 25G 11% /t2
I am Rajat Dey and I have more than decade of Oracle experience from all major regions throughout the globe. I am well versed in most facets of Oracle, supporting database, fusion middleware and the eBusiness suite across many operating system platforms.Currently I am located in Sydney Oracle Financials 11i and Release 12,12.2 Oracle RDBMS 7x,8i , 9i,10g and 11g Amazon cloud . Oracle RAC 10g and 11g Oracle Applications Server Oracle Web logic Server OBIEE Hyperion SSO Oracle Portal PL/SQL UNIX SQL MS-SQL 2008. OEM 12c . Data Guard . Essbase . Database backup and recovery. Performance Tunning. TimeSten