Database 10G Release 2 is now certified with Oracle Apps 11i , so today I am writing on overview of Upgrading your 8i, 9i database to 10.2.0.2 . For exact steps follow Metalink Note ID mentioned at bottom of this page.
Few Things you should note before starting database Upgrade with Apps 11i
1. Database 10.2.0.2 is currently certified only with 11.5.9 and 11.5.10 ; If you want to know which Apps version you are currently on ; check question “how to determine apps version”
2. As of date 27Aug2006 only 10.2.0.2 is certified in Database 10g R2 family .
3. If you are using Portal 3.0.9 with Apps 11i , portal 3.0.9 is not certified with 10gR2 so you have to upgrade Portal to 10g Application Server. (First configure 10G Application Server for Portal)
4. Base release of 10gR2 is 10.2.0.1 so first you have to Install 10.2.0.1 & then apply patchset 10.2.0.2 which is certified with Apps 11i (11.5.9 & 11.5.10)
5. Use natively compile PL/SQL code , Though metalink note mention its optional but 11i Initialization parameter says its mandatory parameter (I’ll confirm it once I go to init paramateres with 10.2.0.2) and for better performance use Native Compilation.
Why should I upgrade 11i database to 10.2.0.2 ?
-New features in 10.2.0.2
-Bug fixes from 188.8.131.52 or 10.1.x database
From which database versions direct 10.2.0.x supported ?
You can upgrade directly to 10.2.0.1 from following database version
184.108.40.206 , 220.127.116.11 or higher, 10.1.0.2 or higher
Where can I get 10.2.0.1 software & 10.2.0.2 patchset ?
–You can download 10.2.0.1 software from http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/database/oracle10g/index.html
You need companion CD as well so download companion CD as well from above location.
–10.2.0.2 is available as patch 4547817 which you can download from http://metalink.oracle.com or updates.oracle.com
Related Metalink Notes
These notes will be helpful during your 10.2.0.2 database Upgrade for Oracle Applications 11i.
–362203.1 Oracle Applications Release 11i with Oracle 10g Release 2
–216205.1 Database Initialization Parameters for Oracle Applications 11i
About tips to reduce downtime & other critical things during 10g R2 database upgrade with 11i, I’ll update tomorrow.
Leave your comments about this or any other post as well about look and feel of site as compared to previous look and feel.
Oracle Apps 11i DBA