If you are reading this post directly then visit my previous posts on discoverer basics & overview with Apps at
Lets start today with broad level Steps to Install & configure 10g Discoverer with Apps 11i , in end you can see metalink note & other references.
Please Note that Steps mentioned here are specifically from version 10.1.2.0.2
1.Install 10g Oracle Application Server Release 2 i.e. 10.1.2.0.2
2.Copy DBC file from $FND_SECURE(E-Business Suite Tier) to $ORACLE_HOME/discoverer/secure(Discoverer Home Installed in Step1)
3. Update tnsnames.ora in DISCO ORACLE_HOME installed in Step1 to point to E-Business Suite 11i Database
4. Migrate your EUL (End User Layer) from 4i to 10g EUL (Please Note upgrade from EUL3i to direct 10g is not supported , you have to first upgrade eul to4i & then to 10g)
5. Select JVM for Disco Plus (you can Oracle’s Jinitiator or Sun Java Plug-in)
6. Apply Necessary Apps Patch for compatibility Issues (For list of patches check Metalink Note mentioned below)
7. Change Profile options to point to 10g Discoverer from 4i
All these Steps above are compulsory steps , I have not mentioned Optional Steps like Single Sign On Server configuration and generating Business Layers. Also steps mentioned here are configurations related to Apps DBA’s perspective for functional steps refer to document mentioned below.
Metalink Note # 313418.1 Using Discoverer 10.1.2 with Oracle E-Business Suite 11i
1og Application Server Installation Overview
10g Discoverer Installation Guide
Stay Tuned to Understand Application Server Concepts like Oracle Internet Directory, Oracle Single Sign-On Server, OPMN & lot more . For 10g Application Server overview check in Left Menu Bar under section “10g Application Server”
Now you can get email notification with Update on this blog , check “E-mail Subscription” on right Menu Bar.
Oracle ACE, Author, Speaker and Founder of K21 Technologies & K21 Academy : Oracle Gold Partner specialising in Design, Implement, and Trainings.