This post covers step by step guide to install Oracle Application Server infrastructure Tier 10.1.4.
Download Software and unzip it to your harddisk, this will create two directory Disk1 & Disk2
Go to Disk1 and start Installer by running ./runInstaller
Installer failed at it was looking for must be redhat-Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4, redhat-2.1, redhat-3, SuSE-9 or UnitedLinux-1.0
If you hit same error message by pass it by running
2. Click Next on Welcome Screen
3. On Specify File Locations screen, enter ORACLE_HOME name and Path, click Next
4. On Select a Product to Install, Select Oracle Application Server Infrastructure 10g (default selection is Identity Federation)
5. On Select Installation Type , select Identity Management and Metadata Repository
–Identity Management, if Metadata is already installed in existing DB
–Metadata Repository, if you wish to install OID/SSO and MR in different nodes)
6. On System Prereq. check, ensure that all checks are completed successfully. (In our case we are installing on Red Hat EL4 which is not supported, hence selected User Verified as shown in screen shot)
7. On Confirm Pre-Installation Requirements screen, select check box to confirm that you have Root Privileges , and click Next
Tip* Select Oracle Application Server Certificate Authority is wish to issue and manage security certificate
Tip* Select HA if you wish to install IdM in High Availabality like Clustering, Replication ..
9. On Specify Port Configuration Option screen, select default port list. If you wish to use customized ports then create portlists.ini file on file system and provide that file as manual port list.
Tip* You can’t use customize database listener port during install, only option is to change after install
10. On Specify Namespace in Internet Directoryscreen, enter your default realm or namespace
Tip* By default this is same as domain name of machine on which you are installing OID
Tip* If you are installing OID as target instance to clone from source OID instance, realm of target OID install should be same as Source OID
Tip* users & groups are created under default realm
11. On Specify Database Configuration Options specify OID/SSO database name and datafile location
12. In next screen, specify instance name and ias_admin password
Password should be at least 5 characters with at least one digit
13. Click on Install button on final screen
Oracle ACE, Author, Speaker and Founder of K21 Technologies & K21 Academy : Oracle Gold Partner specialising in Design, Implement, and Trainings.
Find Us On