On popular demand from readers, I am going to cover Workflow Notification Mailer in Oracle Applications R12/12i.
Workflow notification mailer setup in R12 is similar to 11i ( In both release 11i (OWF.H and higher in 11i) & R12 are Java Mailer)
* Previous version of Notification Mailer in 11i was based on C also called as C Mailer
Things to note
1. You use Oracle Application Manager (OAM) to configure Workflow Notification Mailer.
2. There are two kind of Notification (Outbound & Inbound) in Workflow Mailer
3. For Outbound Notification, CM (Concurrent Manager) node should be able to connect to SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) server/relay.
4. For Inbound Notification (Optional), CM node should be able to connect to IMAP (Internet Message Access Protocol) Server.
5. Log file for Workflow Mailer Notification are at $APPLCSF/$APPLLOG/FNDC*.txt
6. Workflow Notification Mailer in background run as Concurrent Manager (Workflow Mailer Service, Workflow Agent Listener Service)
7. If you don’t wish to send mail notification to end user (from Dev/Test instance) then configure Test Address in configuration screen.
If this is first time you are configuring Workflow Notification Mailer in Oracle Apps R12/12i you will see Notification Mailers as unavailable as shown in screenshot
Click on Notification Mailers
In next screen (as shown below, click on Edit Button)
Here you have option to select Inbound notification setup or Just outgoing Notification Setup.
Provide SMTP Server Name (ensure that CM node should be able to connect to SMTP Server or SMTP Relay)
Uncheck Inbound Processing (from above screen), if you don’t wish to configure Inbound Notification Mailer.
If you wish to configure Inbound Notification as well then ensure IMAP Server should be configured with a valid user (create Inbox, Processed & Discard folder for this User)
Click on Apply button to finish configuration, at this stage Notification Mailer will test SMTP Server & IMAP Server connectivity.
For Advanced setup, click on Advanced at top right of configuration screen.
Metalink Notes for Notification Mailer
1. 453137.1 Oracle Workflow Best Practices Release 12 and Release 11i
2. 274764.1 Oracle Workflow Cartridge Workflow Java Mailer Setup Test
3. 433359.1 Tracking Workflow Notification Event Messages
4. 456921.1 Queries Related to Alert and Mailer Integration Post RUP4
5. 454706.1 How to Stop mails from Workflow Notification Mailer
Did you get a chance to download 6 Docs Every Apps DBA Must Read for EBS R12.2 ? If not, then get it now by clicking on link below.
If you want to learn more about Oracle Apps DBA (Architecture, Installation, WebLogic, Patching, Cloning and other maintenance tasks with the upgrade of Oracle E-Business Suite 12.2.0 to 12.2.4 then have a look at our Oracle Apps DBA Training .
Note: We are so confident on our workshops that we provide 100% Money back guarantee provided that you do the work e.g. attend Live Sessions, Perform Activity Guides, Watch Recordings, Apply for the Job, in unlikely case of you being not happy, just drop us a mail and We’ll refund FULL money (or ask us from our 100s of happy trainees in our private Facebook Group)
Oracle ACE, Author, Speaker and Founder of K21 Technologies & K21 Academy : Specialising in Design, Implement, and Trainings.