JBOSS is open source enterprise level J2EE Server (similar to Oracle Application Server).
This post covers installation of JBOSS (Open Source J2EE Application Server) on Linux and Windows. I am going to use this JBOSS as application Server for Oracle Role Manager Installation in my next port.
Download JBoss Software
Download JBoss 4.2.2.GA from here (This is platform indepedent software so you can install this software on windows, Linux, solaris or any other operating sytem )
Save file jboss-4.2.2.GA.zip to Linux/windows
Installation on Windows
1. Download and Install JDK, if not already installed on windows machine.
2. Unzip jboss-4.2.2.GA.zip
3. Set following environment variables according to your server. In my case they are set to following directory
4. Ensure these two environment variable are set by typing following on command prompt
5. Installation on windows is complete
Installation ion Linux
1. If JDK is not already installed on linux machine; download jdk-1_5_0_15-linux-i586.bin from sun site and install it on Linux by executing bin file. This will create directory like jdk1.5.0_15, I installed it under /stage/JDK/ so my JAVA_HOME is /stage/JDK/jdk1.5.0_15
2. Unzip jboss-4.2.2.GA.zip on linux. This will create directory like jboss-4.2.2.GA
3. Create environment file like jboss.env like
4. execute like . jboss.env
1. On Windows
1.1 Ensure environment variable JBOSS_HOME and JAVA_HOME are set
1.2 Go to command prompt
1.3 cd %JBOSS_HOME%\bin
1.4 run.bat (To Start)
1.5 shutdown.bat (To Stop)
2. On Linux
2.1 Execute jboss.env file created above
2.2 cd $JBOSS_HOME/bin
2.3 ./run.sh (To Start)
2.4 ./shutdown.s (To Stop)
Accessing JBOSS server
Open browser and type URL http://localhost:8080
Installation of Role Manager coming soon …..
Oracle ACE, Author, Speaker and Founder of K21 Technologies & K21 Academy : Oracle Gold Partner specialising in Design, Implement, and Trainings.