This is part III of step by step installation of Oracle Identity Management (OAM, OIM, OAAM, OAPM & OIN) which covers SOA suite 184.108.40.206.0 installation and upgrade to SOA 220.127.116.11.0 .
For Part I Download Software and create Schema click here
For Part II Install WebLogic Server 10.3.3 click here
Various Homes used in this Post
- MW_HOME (Middleware Home) : /oracle/apps/idm11g/MWHOME (created during WebLogic Installation in part II of series)
- WL_HOME(WebLogic Home) : /oracle/apps/idm11g/MWHOME/wlserver_10.3 (created during WebLogic Installation in part II of series)
- Coherence Home: /oracle/apps/idm11g/MWHOME/wlserver_10.3 (created during WebLogic Installation in part II of series)
- SOA ORACLE_HOME : /oracle/apps/idm11g/MWHOME/Oracle_SOA1 (created during SOA Installation in part III of series)
Key points for SOA 18.104.22.168 installation and upgrade to SOA 22.214.171.124
- SOA suite is required only for OIM (Oracle Identity Manager) for workflows so if you DO NOT want OIM (installing just OAM, OAAM, OAPM or OIN) then it is safe to ignore this post (SOA is NOT required for OAM, OAAM, OAPM or OIN)
- SOA 126.96.36.199 is patch-set only where as SOA 188.8.131.52 is base release hence you should first install SOA 184.108.40.206 and then upgrade it to SOA 220.127.116.11
- SOA patch-set installation (from 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124) includes updating binaries/software (using runInstaller as shown in this post) and upgrading SOA Schemas using PSA (Patch Set Assistant – more information on PSA here ). We are not going upgrade our SOA schema to 126.96.36.199 because We created SOA schema using 188.8.131.52.X RCU in Part I of this series here
- SOA 184.108.40.206 is installed using runInstaller(on Linux/Unix) and would need JRE (Java Runtime Environment) Location which you can enter using option -jreLoc as shown in picture 1 below
- SOA patch-set 220.127.116.11 is also installed using runInstaller(from 18.104.22.168 SOA patch-set) and would need JRE Location.
- For JRE location on 32 bit machines use JDK or JRockit (under MW_HOME)
- Install SOA suite 22.214.171.124 patch-set under same ORACLE_HOME directory (Oracle_SOA1) and same Middleware Home in which you installed SOA 126.96.36.199 software.
- For any installation issues check logs at oraInventory/logs where location of oraInventory directory mentioned in oraInst.loc . For location of oraInst.loc click here, more information on oraInventory in Oracle here
Screenshot of Oracle SOA 188.8.131.52 Installation
Screenshot of Oracle SOA 184.108.40.206 Patchset Installation
OracleIdM 11g R1 PS2 : Step by Installation of OAM, OIM, OAAM, OAPM, OIN (220.127.116.11.0) – Part IV : Install Oracle Identity Management 18.104.22.168 (OAM, OIM, OAAM, OIN & OIN) !!! coming next
Here is simple quiz : How to find out what version of SOA schema (22.214.171.124.0 or 126.96.36.199.0 or 188.8.131.52.X) you are running in your SOA Environment ? (leave your answer under comments section)