This post covers quick overview of Oracle Enterprise Content Management (ECM) 11g installation.
Oracle Enterprise Content Management (ECM) 11g consists of following products
Things good to know about ECM 11g installation
1. Current latest version of ECM 11g (as of 21 March 2011) is 184.108.40.206
2.ECM 11g runs on Oracle WebLogic Server (Install WebLogic 11g R1 PS3 i.e. 10.3.4 for ECM 220.127.116.11), other software required to install ECM 11g are
a) Database – containing ECM schema
b) Repository Creation Utility (RCU) – to create ECM schema in database
c) ECM 11g software
3. If you are using IPM (Image and process Management) with BPEL Process Manager and Oracle Application Extension Framework (AXF) (for integration with Oracle E-Business Suite or Siebel CRM) then you would also need SOA Suite (18.104.22.168) and JDeveloper and Application Development Framework (ADF) 22.214.171.124
4. If you are new to WebLogic Server then learn Domain, Admin Server and Managed Server in WebLogic
5. Default user store for ECM is WebLogic’s embedded LDAP server.
Oracle ECM 11g High Level Installation Steps
1. Install Database
2. Create schema for ECM using RCU 126.96.36.199, more on RCU here
3. Install WebLogic Server 10.3.4 (This step will create Middleware Home a.k.a. MW_HOME and WebLogic Home aka WL_HOME)
4. Install Enterprise Content Management (ECM) 11g – Installer will create binaries for UCM, IBR, IPM, IRM and URM (This step will create Oracle Home for ECM a.k.a. ORACLE_HOME for ECM or ECM_ORACLE_HOME . This step will also create Oracle Common Home aka ORACLE_COMMON_HOME containing Fusion Middleware Control and Java Required Files (JRF))
5. Configure Enterprise Content Management (ECM) by running config.sh/cmd (This step will create Domain, Admin/Managed Server for WebLogic and deploy ECM applications for above mentioned products)
6 .Perform Post Installation Steps for UCM, IBR, IPM, IRM and URM (more on this coming soon..)
Oracle ACE, Author, Speaker and Founder of K21 Technologies & K21 Academy : Specialising in Design, Implement, and Trainings.