Oracle Access Manager (OAM) Servers can run in one of three security modes OPEN, SIMPLE, or CERT
To know more about Oracle Access Manager 11g check my book on Amazon or for Integration of OAM with E-Business Suite (R12) for Single Sing-On check my eBook (co-author Neha Mittal)
WegGate is a Policy Enforcement Point (PEP) deployed with Web Server and communicates to OAM Servers (Policy Decision Point – PDP). WebGate communicates to OAM Access Server on proxy port (default value 5575) and default security mode OPEN.
- OPEN : WebGate to OAM Access Server communication in clear text
- SIMPLE : Secure communication between WebGate to OAM Access Server using self signed certificates provided by OAM Server
- CERT : Secure communication between WebGate to OAM Access Server using certificates signed by Certificate Authority (CA)
To change OAM security mode from OPEN to SIMPLE or CERT or vice versa
- Change Security Mode for OAM Server using OAMConsole (System Configuration tab)
- Repeat step 1 for all OAM servers (in high availability deployment)
- Change security mode in OAM Agents (10g/11g Webgate, OSSO agent) registered with OAM server to same value as OAM Server security mode.
For complete steps click here