Yesterday we covered creating 11g SOA Suite/Jdeveloper user (adrs_soainfra) and schema in Oracle XE(10.2.0.1)/EE(10.2.0.3).
In today’s post we’ll cover configuration of 11g Jdeveloper/SOA suite against database. Start 11g Jdeveloper/SOA by running jdev.exe(windows xp) or jdev(linux/unix) from jdev/bindirectory from location where you unzipped jdevstudioXXX.zip( $JDEV_HOME/jdev/bin )
1. First time you have to select Role (This can be changed later any time)
2. In next screen (only once) you get an option to upgrade your existing Jdeveloper/SOA Suite (even if this is first time you are installing any oracle product on this machine)
3. If you are using proxy server, you can configure proxy setting from preferences tab. From 11g Jdeveloper Tools -> Preferences -> Web Browser and Proxy
4. Select Integrated OC4J from Tools -> Preferences -> Run
5. Now configure SOA Suite from Tools -> Configure SOA
6. In next screen provide SOA Database connection details (enter adrs_soainfrausername & password created in last post)
Configure 11g SOA Suite will take approx. 5-10 minutes and finally as per Oracle you’ll get message bind successful (Though build never completed successfullyin my case on both windows as well as Linux)
Log file location
Issues Encountered during installation on Linux
Issue 1. JDK was owned by root hence
Changing permission of /usr/java/jdk1.5.0_11/jre/bin (java & javac) : Operation not permittedFix : Grant writepermission to user (installing 11g SOA/Jdeveloper) on files java & javacIssue 2.Using JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/jdk1.5.0_11/jre/..
Dec 30, 2007 10:45:40 AM oracle.j2ee.xml.XMLMessages warningException
WARNING: Exception Encountered
Dec 30, 2007 10:45:46 AM oracle.security.jps.fmw.util.JpsFmwUtil findSystemUser
WARNING: findSystemUser: System user is not available from Credential Store.
07/12/30 10:46:06 WARNING: ApplicationServer.enableOC4JDocumentChangeNotifier Alternate DocumentChangeNotifier in use!Fix: Awaiting response from Oracle– This is Internal Bug w.r.t. installation of Jdeveloper/SOA Suite 11g on LinuxIssues on Windows
Issue 3. Error on command prompt which as per Oracle Bug database, can be ignored
02-Jan-2008 09:36:52 javax.ide.extension.spi.DefaultElementContext getVisitorFor
ar!/META-INF/extension.xml:65: ‘update-hook’ in namespace ‘http://xmlns.oracle.c
om/ide/update-hook’ is not a recognized hook.
Issue 4. oracle.adfinternal.rc.connection.AdfConnectionContextProvider getConnectionContext()
oracle.adf.rc.exception.CatalogRuntimeException: An Error occurred obtaining a connection context. ConnectionContextProvider=[oracle.adfinternal.rc.connection.AdfConnectionContextProvider] Root Cause=[Start of root element expected.] at oracle.adfinternal.rc.connection.AdfConnectionContextProvider.getConnectionContext(AdfConnectionContextProvider.java:85)
Fix: Awaiting response from Oracle– This is Internal Bug w.r.t. installation of Jdeveloper/SOA Suite 11g on windows
Deploying Application on SOA/Jdeveloper 11g & creating Application using 11g Jdeveloper/ SOA suite coming soon …
Oracle ACE, Author, Speaker and Founder of K21 Technologies & K21 Academy : Specialising in Design, Implement, and Trainings.