This is last post for Installation of Oracle Role Manager deployed on JBOSS (Open Source J2EE Server) and using Oracle Database as repository.
For previous related posts visit related post section at bottom of this page.
Prereq. for Deploying Oracle Role Manager Application on JBOSS
Configure/Deploy ORM with JBOSS
1. Copy the orm-ds.xml and orm-service.xml files from <ORM_install>/samples/jboss/4.0.5 to the JBoss directory at <JBossHome>/server/default/deploy
2. Edit orm-ds.xml file like
A) Change the two occurrences of connection-url to match database environment
(Note* My Database is on same machine as ORM & JBOSS with SID as ORCL and listening on port 1521)
B) Change the two occurrences of user-name and password to match the credentials of the Oracle Role Manager application user defined while installing role manager
3. Copy the server.ear file from <ORM_install>/lib to <JBossHome>/server/default/deploy
4. Copy the webui.war file from <ORM_install>/webui/jboss/4.0.5 to <JBossHome>/server/default/deploy
server.ear & webui.war are applications and once you copy them to deploy directory, JBOSS will deploy it automatically to JBOSS server
Log file to this deployment will be in $JBOSS_HOME/server/default/log/server.log
5. Start JBOSS if not already up
6. Access Oracle Role Manager
Oracle ACE, Author, Speaker and Founder of K21 Technologies & K21 Academy : Oracle Gold Partner specialising in Design, Implement, and Trainings.