Key Points for Oracle Application Server 10.1.3 Upgrade in R12
1. There are two Oracle Homes under application tier in R12 (Total three , third one is database oracle home)
a) 10.1.2 for forms & reports
b) 10.1.3 for Web (Apache) and J2EE (OC4J for oacore, oafm and forms)
Two Oracle Home (10.1.2 and 10.1.3) are under
2. This document explains steps to upgrade 10.1.3 Oracle Home to latest certified patch set i.e. 10.1.3.4 with R12 (as of 12 Mar 09)
3. It is not possible/certified to upgrade 10.1.2 Oracle Home (in R12) to 10.1.3
4. Oracle Application Server 10.1.3.4 is NOT a complete software, you need to apply it on existing 10.1.3.X and available via patch 7272722
5. You should be on minimum 12.0.3 (version of R12/12i) to upgrade 10.1.3 Oracle Home. To check your apps R12 version use
SQL> select release_name from apps.fnd_product_groups;
6. During upgrade, installer will prompt for OC4JADMIN password. If your source oracle home version is 10.1.3.0 then password for oc4jadmin is secret else (for 10.1.3.1/2/3) password is oafm
If you don’t remember oc4jadmin password you can reset oc4jadmin password check here
7. To check current Oracle Application Server Patchset version i.e. if 10.1.3.0 or 10.1.3.1 or 10.1.3.2
a) Using runInstaller
–Invoke runInstaller from 1013_ORACLE_HOME/oui/bin
–Click on Installed Products.
–Select the 10.1.3 Oracle Home and expand the tree. You should see Oracle Application Server Patchset 10.1.3.X patch in the list.
b) Using Opatch
Run the command ‘opatch lsinventory -detail‘
Look for ‘Oracle Application Server PatchSet‘ in the ‘Product‘ column.
Main Upgrade Steps
1. Apply Oracle E-Business Suite Patches (at-least 12.0.3, autoconfig template patch to support latest OAS i.e. 10.1.3.4)
2. Apply 10.1.3.4 patchset to 10.1.3 Oracle Home using runInstaller (10.1.3.4 is latest certified patchset as of 12 Mar 09). Ensure Oarcle Home is set to 10.1.3 (Not 10.1.2)
3. Run Autoconfig
4. Apply additional patches to 10.1.3 oracle home (using opatch and not adpatch)
5. Regenerate appsborg.zip and appsborg2.zip files using adadmin
6. Restart application tier services for r12 , click here for how to start/stop services on R12
For step by step OAS upgrade steps for R12 check metalink note 454811.1
Oracle ACE, Author, Speaker and Founder of K21 Technologies & K21 Academy : Specialising in Design, Implement, and Trainings.