Before installing Identity Manager, make yourself familiar with Oracle Identity Manager Concepts and Architecture explained in previous related post.
Oracle Identity Manager can only be installed on Web Server (OAS, Webspehere, Weblogic, Jboss) and Remote Manager and Design Console (for windows only) can exist on same or separate machines.
Steps for installing identity manager vary as per your application server and database but underlying concept remains same. Steps mentioned here are specific to, installing Oracle Identity Manager with Oracle Application Server as web server and oracle database as data store.
Generic Steps for Installing Oracle Identity Manager
A) Install Web Server (OAS, Jboss, Webspahere)
B) Install & Configure Database for Identity Manager (Oracle, MS-Sql, sql server)
C) Install JDK (for OAS use JDK shipped with OAS)
A) Installing Web Server :
1. Download Oracle Application Server software (version 10.1.3.0.2 at time of writing this doc) from downloads.oracle.com
2. Select J2EE and Web Server option during installing OAS 10.1.3.X
3. Change RMI port in opmn.xml file to a specific port (from port range available in opmn.xml for RMI)
4. Set environment variable JAVA_HOME to $ORACLE_HOME/jdk/jre for user installing Identity Manager
B) Install and configure Database :
Identity Manager require database for storing policy data and metadata. before installing identity manager, you should install Web Server and Database server. In oracle database from list of databases, Oracle Identity Manager support both RAC and simple Oracle Database (without RAC). You can also use an existing oracle database as well.
1. Install oracle database software & create database (Follow oracle database installation Guide, You have option to create database while installing oracle database software via Oracle Universal installer)
2. Prepare your database for installing Oracle Identity Manager
—–2.1 Make sure JVM is configured & Query Rewrite is enabled (done in default database creation with database installer)
—–2.2 Enable XA Transaction Support
—–2.3 Create a tablespace for Oracle Identity Manager
—–2.4 Create database user for Oracle Identity Manager
You can do all these above steps using prepare_xl_db.sh (.bat for windows) shipped with Oracle Identity Manager software.
If you don’t want to install new oracle database, you can use existing database for configuring identity manager tablespace & schema.
C) Installing Oracle Identity Manager :
Steps mentioned here are for installing Identity Manager on Unix
1. Before installing make sure
i) JAVA_HOME is set as mentioned above
ii) You are installing Oracle Identity Manager with same user who installed Application Server.
iii) uninstall commons-logging-1.0.2 from linux machine, if its there. To check if installed “rpm -qa grep commons-logging” To uninstall abobe package “rpm -e full_rpm_name”
iv) Database and application server already installed as mentioned above
2. start installer as sh install_server.sh (Installer will start in console mode & not GUI)
Supply requested information during installation.
It will prompt you for following details
–Password for OIM Administrator account
–Installation Type (Identity Manager or Identity Manager with Audit and Compliance Module)
–Directory where you wish to install Oracle Identity Manager
–Database Hostname, listener port, SID
–Database username/Password for OIM
–Authentication Mode (Default OIM authentication or SSO)
–Application Server Type
–Cluster information (Select if you wish to install OIM in clustered Application Server installation type)
–Username/Password and Instance Name for Application Server
–RMI port & OPMN port (If Application Server is Oracle Application Server)
Few things to note during installation
i) Choose different installation directory for various Identity Manager components (identity manager, remote manager, Design Console for windows)
ii) If you are installing Identity Manager using existing database, it will give you warning message
Start/Stopping Oracle Identity Manager Server
Identity Manager is installed as part of Web Server and will start/stop by starting/stopping webserver.
- Make sure database configured for Identity Manager is Up
- Start Web Server (for Oracle Application Server use, opmnctl startall Similarly for stopping OIM, stop application server (opmnctl stopall) and shutdown database.
Accessing Oracle Identity Manager Administrative/User Console
–hostname.domainname is full name of Server (or virtual name) where Application Server is installed.
–port is web server/apache/http or https port number (7777 is default for oracle application server)
Related Posts for Identity Manager
- Oracle Identity Manager (User Provisioning – Thor)
- Installing Oracle Identity Manager (Thor Xellerate)
- Oracle Identity Manager 9.1 released
- Oracle Identity Manager (Thor Xellerate) Architecture
- Resource, Reconciliation, Provisioning and Connector in Oracle Identity Manager #OIM
- Oracle Identity Manager (OIM) Connector for Oracle Internet Directory (OID) : Architecture and Overview
- Step by Step Installation of OIM Design Console 9.1.0
- Error while running PurgeCache in OIM 11g : LoginException unable to find LoginModule class : WebLogic Full Clinet
- Integrate OIM 11g with OID using connector for Provisioning / Reconcilliation – Installation
- PurgeCache in OIM 11g : CategoryName
- OIM LDAP Sync : Overview and Key Points
- OIM 11g : How to export/import/delete Files from MDS
- Where are OAM details stored in OIM (account unlock, password reset)
- libOVD adapters in OIM LDAP Integration : LDAPsync – view and modify Adapter settings (bindDN and bindPassword)
- Error Starting OIM Design Console (xlclient.sh) on Linux java.lang. NoClassDefFoundError
- OIM 11g Challenge Questions (PCQ) for forgot password
- Oracle EBS Integration with OIM (Identity Manager) : Things you should know
- Users not synced from OID to OIM : Debug Scheduled Job
- OIM Connector for Microsoft : AD, Exchange, Windows, Password Management
- Connector Server for OIM connectors : .NET or JAVA
- OIM 11g Challenge Questions – Everything you must know
- OIM 11g How to add Challenge Questions
- OIM : Assign AD resource : An error occurred because the Adapters are not compiled : How to compile adapters in OIM
- OIM User Creation : An Error occurred while performing create user operation. Unable to get LDAP connection
- OIM – AD integration : Active Directory Group Lookup Recon failed with error Remote Framework Key is invalid
- Microsoft Active Directory (AD) to Oracle Identity Manager (OIM) Password Synchronization: Things you must know : Part I
- Provision resource “Microsoft Exchange” to user in OIM : Status remains in Provisioning : Part I
- Target Resource (or Managed Resource) vs Trusted Source (or Authoritative Source) Mode : OIM integration with applications (AD, OID, OVD, EBS, SAP, HR, LDAP)
- 500 Internal server accessing OIM application : com.bea. security.MicroSM. getInstance oracle.iam. platform. authz.impl
- Your account is locked. You can unlock your account by going to Forgot Password
- OIM 11g : How to find User and Manager details : USR table
- OIM 11g : User Detail/Attribute (Description) not visible in OIM User screen : EBS / OID / OIM integration
- OIM 11g: The add proxy operation for user XXXXX failed with following error oracle. bpel. services. workflow. client. workflowservieclientException javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException could not determine wsdl ports
- Oracle Identity Manager BP07 for 11gR1 PS1 18.104.22.168.7 (16097399) is now available – (Part of Identity Management SUite BP03 16209876)
- OIM 11g : SQL to List User’s Manager
- OIM integrated with OAM (SSO) showing OIM login screen : User Soft Locked
- OIM 11g: Beware if you are applying WebLogic patch !
- Help Me : Microsoft Active Directory Password Sync version and latest patch for Oracle Identity Manager 22.214.171.124
- Upgrade OIM connector for Microsoft Exchange to 126.96.36.199 Part I
- OIM Administrators : Is your OIM database Growing ? Do you purge enough ?
- EBS Integration with OIM : Employee Reconciliation : NumberFormatException: “BUSINESS_GROUP_ID”
- OIM EBS User Management : eBusiness UM Lookup Definition Reconciliation failed with Invalid Schedule Task Parameter