In my previous post (related to BIEE) I explained overview of Business Intelligence (Siebel Analytics), here is quick overview of Installing Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition and various options available.
You have two type of installation type Basic or Advanced Installation.
Basic BIEE Installation Type :
1. Use this option if you don’t want SSO Integration.
2. For this installation Type you need JDK 5 or higher
Advanced BIEE Installation Type :
1. Use this option if you wish to integrate BI with Oracle Single Sign-On
2. Application Server 10.1.3.1.0 and higher should be installed for this installation on same server.
Installation of BIEE on Linux
1. Download BIEE from BIEE Software
2. Install Oracle Application Server 10.1.3 or higher (for Advanced Installation) or JDK 1.5 or higher (for Basic Installation)
3. For Linux download biee_linux_x86_redhat_101330_disk1.cpio
Unzip software as cpio -idmv < biee_linux_x86_redhat_101330_disk1.cpio
4. This will create directory BI_Linux under which two directory Server & Sever_Ancillary
5. Start Installation by executing setup.sh
Related Posts for Business Intelligence
- Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition Overview
- BIEE Installation on Linux (Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition)
- Oracle BI Publisher Cluster / HA
- Clustering Oracle Business Intelligence , BI Server, Presentation Services, Plug-In, Scheduler & Javahost
- OBIEE – Step by Step Installation
- User Management in OBIEE using BI Administration Tool
- Integrate Oracle BI Server with LDAP Server (OID – Oracle Internet Directory)
- Oracle BI Publisher Admin Console (xmlpserver) Login Issue : Administrator/Administrator
- How to install OBIEE on windows 7 (OBIEE Training)
- OBIEE 11g (22.214.171.124.0) Download & Installation
- OBIEE 11g Installation : High Level Steps
- Unable to login to OBIEE /Analytics after OID integration : %user% was authenticated but could not be located within the identity store
- Configure OBIEE 11g Client to connect to 11g RPD in online mode
- Integrate OBIEE 11g with OAM 11g for Single Sign-On in 13 steps