This post outlines different Architecture options available with Oracle WebLogic Cluster. It is very important to make yourself familiar with terminology specially tiers (Web, Presentation and Object).
Architecture – defines how various tiers of an application (Web, Presentation, Object) are deployed on one or more clusters.
Tier – Represents logical divisions of an Application’s service.
i) Web Tier ii) Presentation Tier iii) Object Tier
i) Web Tier > provides static content (HTML pages)
ii) Presentation Tier > provides dynamic content (Servlets or JSP)
iii) Object Tier > provides java objects (EJB or RMI classes) and associated business logic.
Proxy Plug-In- is WebLogic Server extension to HTTP Server (Apache, Netscape, IIS) to access clustered servlets provided by WebLogic cluster. More on proxy plug-in coming soon…
Type of Oracle WebLogic Server Architecture
—>Basic Recommended Architecture
—>Multi-Tier Recommended Architecture
—>Two-Tier Proxy Architecture
—>Multi-Tier Proxy Architecture
i) Basic Recommended Architecture (combined Tier Architecture) – All tier of Web Application (Web, Presentation, Object) are deployed on same WebLogic Server cluster.
ii) Multi-Tier Recommended Architecture – Different tier of application (Web, Presentation, Object) are deployed to different cluster, One WebLogic cluster for Web, Presentation tier and another WebLogic cluster for Object Tier (EJB, RMI)
Proxy Architecture- If you have existing Web Server, you can use this web server as Web Tier (static HTML) and use Proxy Plug-in to forward any JSP or Servlet request to presentation Tier.
iii) Two-Tier Proxy Architecture- same as basic recommended architecture but Web Tier is hosted on existing Web Server (IIS, Apache, Netscape). Static HTML content is served via existing Web Server where as Presentation or Object Tier request are served from WebLogic Cluster.
iv) Multi-Tier Proxy Architecture- Same as Multi-Tier recommended Architecture but web tier is hosted on existing Web Server (IIS, Netscape, Apache) with WebLogic Proxy Plug-In on WebLogic Server
Oracle Documentation for WebLogic Cluster Architecture
Related Posts for Learn WebLogic with Us
- Oracle WebLogic Installation Steps
- Domain , Administration & Managed Server, Cluster in Oracle WebLogic
- Create Domain in Oracle WebLogic
- Oracle WebLogic Server – Startup/Shutdown
- Oracle WebLogic Server 10g R3 10.3 is out now
- Deploy Application on Oracle WebLogic Server
- Cluster Architecture : Oracle WebLogic Server
- Start WebLogic Server on Linux on port 80, 443 <= 1024
- JDBC (Java DataBase Connectivity ) in Oracle WebLogic – Overview
- WebLogic Server JDBC for Database connection : Step by Step
- Security in Oracle WebLogic : Realm, Security Provider, Authentication, Authorization, Users
- Deploy ADF application to Oracle WebLogic Server
- Node Manager in Oracle WebLogic Server
- Configure Oracle HTTP Server infront of Oracle WebLogic Server mod_wl_ohs
- How to install weblogic server on 64 bit O.S. (Linux /Solaris) ?
- Oracle WebLogic Login Issue : Password is not correct (Password Lock Policy)
- Oracle WebLogic Server : Node Manager in nutshell
- Certification : 1Z0-108 Oracle WebLogic Server 10g System Administrator Certified Expert
- How to integrate WebLogic with Oracle Internet Directory for Login : Authentication
- opatch, adpatch and now “smart update” (BSU) to apply weblogic patches
- Disater Recovery documentation for Oracle WebLogic Server 11g (Fusion Middleware)
- Authentication Providers in #WebLogic – Oracle Access Manager Identity Assertion for Single Sign-On and OAM Authenticator
- Error while starting WebLogic Server : java.lang.NumberFormatException: null
- #WebLogic startup prompting from username password : boot.properties
- BEA-000286 : Failed to invoke startup class “JRF Startup Class” oracle.jrf.wls.JRFStartup
- WebLogic Kerberos (SSO) Authentication Issue : Error 401 Forbidden : No Configuration was registered that can handle the configuration named com. sun. security. jgss. krb5. accept
- How to reset Lost Oracle WebLogic Password for Fusion Middleware Applications
- Oracle WebLogic Server Certification : 1Z0-108 Practice Question and Dumps
- WebLogic Startup fails with Unable to obtain lock on Server may already be running
- Oracle Weblogic 12c Launch : Attend online on 1 Dec 2011
- Oracle WebLogic 12c (12.1.1) is now available to download
- How to Install WebLogic 12C (12.1.1) on Mac
- Oracle #WebLogic Server 12c : SE vs EE vs Suite License Options
- SSL in WebLogic (CA, KeyStore, Identity & Trust Store) : Things you must know – Part I
- SSL in WebLogic Server – Part II : Create KeyStore, generate CSR, Import CERT and configure KeyStore with WebLogic
- WebLogic Admin Server Start-up hanging at “Initializing self-tuning thread pool”