1. Oracle Identity Manager Connectors are used to provision and reconcile users/groups from OIM to external applications like LDAP server (OID, AD..), Databases, ERP/CRM (SAP, Oracle EBS, Peoplesoft, Siebel..), Operating System etc.
2. OIM 11g provides support to develop and build Identity Manager Connectors using Identity Connector Framework (ICF)
3. ICF decouples OIM from external applications (like LDAP, ERP/CRM, Databases, O.S. etc) to which it provisions and reconcile. This helps in building and testing ICF before actually integrating it with OIM.
4. OIM 11g Connectors for Microsoft (Active Directory Users Management and Exchange) are created using Identity Connector Framework (ICF)
5. Identity connector servers are of two types
a) Java Connector Server
b) .NET Connector Server
6. In OIM 11g, Connector Server (.NET connector server) is mandatory for 11g connectors written using c# (like Microsoft AD or Exchange)
7. In OIM 11g, Connector Server (Java connector server) is optional for connectors written using Java.
8. Java Connector Server is useful when you do not wish to execute a Java connector bundle in the same JVM as OIM.
9. Identity Connectors are stateless by design.
In next post I am going to cover installation & configuration of .NET Connector Server required for Microsoft – Active Directory User Management 11g connector or Microsoft Exchange Connector.
- Chapter 16.5 of developer guide for ICF
- Installing and configuring Connector Server for MS-AD connector
- 1474195.1 – OIM 11.x .NET Connector Server Hardware Specs
- 1465568.1 – When is a Connector Server Required for OIM Connectors 11.x Versions?
- OIM & Connector Server – Daniel’s post on Fusion Middleware Security Team (A Team’s) Blog
Related Posts for Identity Manager
- Oracle Identity Manager (User Provisioning – Thor)
- Installing Oracle Identity Manager (Thor Xellerate)
- Oracle Identity Manager 9.1 released
- Oracle Identity Manager (Thor Xellerate) Architecture
- Resource, Reconciliation, Provisioning and Connector in Oracle Identity Manager #OIM
- Oracle Identity Manager (OIM) Connector for Oracle Internet Directory (OID) : Architecture and Overview
- Step by Step Installation of OIM Design Console 9.1.0
- Error while running PurgeCache in OIM 11g : LoginException unable to find LoginModule class : WebLogic Full Clinet
- Integrate OIM 11g with OID using connector for Provisioning / Reconcilliation – Installation
- PurgeCache in OIM 11g : CategoryName
- OIM LDAP Sync : Overview and Key Points
- OIM 11g : How to export/import/delete Files from MDS
- Where are OAM details stored in OIM (account unlock, password reset)
- libOVD adapters in OIM LDAP Integration : LDAPsync – view and modify Adapter settings (bindDN and bindPassword)
- Error Starting OIM Design Console (xlclient.sh) on Linux java.lang. NoClassDefFoundError
- OIM 11g Challenge Questions (PCQ) for forgot password
- Oracle EBS Integration with OIM (Identity Manager) : Things you should know
- Users not synced from OID to OIM : Debug Scheduled Job
- OIM Connector for Microsoft : AD, Exchange, Windows, Password Management
- Connector Server for OIM connectors : .NET or JAVA
- OIM 11g Challenge Questions – Everything you must know
- OIM 11g How to add Challenge Questions
- OIM : Assign AD resource : An error occurred because the Adapters are not compiled : How to compile adapters in OIM
- OIM User Creation : An Error occurred while performing create user operation. Unable to get LDAP connection
- OIM – AD integration : Active Directory Group Lookup Recon failed with error Remote Framework Key is invalid
- Microsoft Active Directory (AD) to Oracle Identity Manager (OIM) Password Synchronization: Things you must know : Part I
- Provision resource “Microsoft Exchange” to user in OIM : Status remains in Provisioning : Part I
- Target Resource (or Managed Resource) vs Trusted Source (or Authoritative Source) Mode : OIM integration with applications (AD, OID, OVD, EBS, SAP, HR, LDAP)
- 500 Internal server accessing OIM application : com.bea. security.MicroSM. getInstance oracle.iam. platform. authz.impl
- Your account is locked. You can unlock your account by going to Forgot Password
- OIM 11g : How to find User and Manager details : USR table
- OIM 11g : User Detail/Attribute (Description) not visible in OIM User screen : EBS / OID / OIM integration
- OIM 11g: The add proxy operation for user XXXXX failed with following error oracle. bpel. services. workflow. client. workflowservieclientException javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException could not determine wsdl ports
- Oracle Identity Manager BP07 for 11gR1 PS1 220.127.116.11.7 (16097399) is now available – (Part of Identity Management SUite BP03 16209876)
- OIM 11g : SQL to List User’s Manager
- OIM integrated with OAM (SSO) showing OIM login screen : User Soft Locked
- OIM 11g: Beware if you are applying WebLogic patch !
- Help Me : Microsoft Active Directory Password Sync version and latest patch for Oracle Identity Manager 18.104.22.168
- Upgrade OIM connector for Microsoft Exchange to 22.214.171.124 Part I
- OIM Administrators : Is your OIM database Growing ? Do you purge enough ?