OIDADMIN is java based utility to monitor/administer OID (Oracle Internet Directory).
–oidadmin can be found in ORACLE_HOME/bin in database, IdM or Application Server.
–If you don’t have access to oidadmin executable on server, You can use oracle 10g database client (Integrated Management Tool) to remotely connect to OIDADMIN tool.
Here are steps on how to install Oracle Database Client (Administrator Mode) on windows machine to connect to OIDADMIN remotely
1. Download Oracle Database 10g client for windows from here
2. Install Database Client on windows with installation type as Administrator
3. Access Integrated Management Tools and then Oracle Directory Manager from Start Menu on windows desktop
5. Click on Add to add new OID Server in this client. On new screen enter OID Server and OID Port to which you wish to connect and click on OK
6. Enter username and password to connect to OID Server (orcladmin is superuser). You can also connect as anonymous (without username/password) to remote OID Server
If you are hitting any issues while connecting to OID server remotely; few things to check
1. Is OID Server Up and running ?
2. Is OID Port open between client and server ?
3. Is OID Server configured to listen on nonssl or only ssl ?
Integration of OID (Oracle Internet Directory) with AD (Microsoft Active Directory) using Server Chaining (new feature in 10.14 IM) coming soon …
Oracle ACE, Author, Speaker and Founder of K21 Technologies & K21 Academy : Specialising in Design, Implement, and Trainings.