This document is helping us to install Oracle Diag patch using “adpatch” utility . Oracle Diagnostic patch is one of pwerfull features of Oracle E-business Suit .
• Oracle E-Business Suite Diagnostics can only be installed on a minimum of E-Business Suite 11.5.4 or above with FND.D and AD.G installed.
• The latest Oracle E-Business Suite Diagnostics can only be installed on a minimum of E-Business Suite 11.5.9 containing ATG_PF.H RUP 4.
o For customers who are not on the above required patching level, Oracle E-Business Suite Diagnostics patch 6989371 is available for installation.
• All diagnostic patches released in 2007 and beyond introduce significant changes in the security configuration of diagnostic tests.
o Please review Note 409141.1 for more details.
If adsplice patch 3636980 for 11i has never been applied to your E-Business Suite release before, download and apply adsplice patch 3636980 for 11i. If this patch is already applied, go to the next step
Check weather it is applied or not
SQL> select * from ad_bugs where bug_number=’3636980′;
BUG_NUMBER CREATION_DATE ARU_RELEASE_NAME
—————————— ————— ——————————
CREATED_BY LAST_UPDATE_DAT LAST_UPDATED_BY
———- ————— —————
3636980 31-OCT-06 11i
5 31-OCT-06 5
adsplice Patch Installation Notes
“Oracle Diagnostic Tools” (short name “IZU” – product top “$IZU_TOP”) is a new application in the E-Business Suite. If you have not done so before, you will need to add the IZU product to your installation. Applying patch 3636980 for 11i will do this.
Customers with “AutoConfig” enabled systems should be on AD patchset I.2 (4337683) or above to ensure the new “IZU” product is registered correctly in autoconfig files.
Customers on AD.H or below may need to execute adsplice twice to correctly register the IZU product into FND_PRODUCT_INSTALLATIONS table.
See the adsplice patch readme for additional details.
Customers with multi-node installations of E-Business Suite should run the adsplice patch on all nodes.
Tablespace sizing details can be found in Note 235307.1.
In my case it was applied .
This patch requires E-Business Suite 11.5.9 or above patched with ATG_PF.H RUP
Customers with multi-node installations of E-Business Suite should apply this
patch on all nodes.
1. Register Application Support Diagnostic Tools
If you have not done so before, you will need to add the IZU product
to your installation via patch 3636980.
Please see the readme file for 3636980 for details.
If you have an IZU_TOP defined, or, 3636980 has been already applied to
your system you do NOT need to repeat this step.
2. Remove standalone RDA if installed into $IZU_TOP/bin/rda
If you have previously installed RDA into the $IZU_TOP/bin/rda directory
by manually extracting it from a zip or tar file, you should remove the rda
directory and its contents from under $IZU_TOP/bin before applying the patch
Failure to do so could result in an adpatch error similar to this:
Error: Applying rda.cmd to the wrong release:
Patch : /PATCH/7530017/izu/bin/rda/rda.cmd, v115.6
On-Site: /u01/appltop/izu/11.5.0/bin/rda/rda.cmd, v1.4
3.Shutdown All Application Service
Shutdown by running adstpall.sh <apps_user>/<apps_password>
4.Enable ‘Maintenance Mode’ from adadmin
Enable ‘Maintenance Mode’ from adadmin, (Select menu option 5 > Change Maintenance Mode >Select menu option 1 > Enable Maintenance Mode)
5. Apply the following unified driver file with AutoPatch using adpatch :
6.Restart All Application service
Restart by running adstrtal.sh <apps_user>/<apps_pwd>
7. Remove Legacy Files
If you have not done so before, after the patch is successfully applied,
complete the following actions:
Remove Legacy Shell Files
– In order to avoid confusion with legacy diagnostic shell scripts, we
recommend that the supp/ directory under $OA_HTML/bin/ be removed.
– In the event that legacy output files are needed for later use, consider
backing up all *.zip files from the same directory before removing it.
Remove Legacy Java Files and Jserv Entries
– Remove support_addon.zip (by default under JAVA_TOP)
– Remove the classpath entry for support_addon.zip in jserv.properties
– Remove the parameter DIAGNOSTIC_SECURITY_SWITCH which is no longer
Responsibility and function security is now always enabled.
Fisinshing Task/Post Installation
Grant Oracle Diagnostic Tool Responsibility to required user
eBusiness Suite Diagnostics Responsibility Configuration
When Using a “System Administrator” Responsiblity:
1) Open the “Users” form (Security > User > Define)
2) Query an existing user
3) Add a row in the Responsibilities sub-tab region
4) Select “Oracle Diagnostics Tool” responsibility (Application: “CRM Foundation”) from the responsibility LoV Click “OK” and save the record
I am Rajat Dey and I have more than decade of Oracle experience from all major regions throughout the globe. I am well versed in most facets of Oracle, supporting database, fusion middleware and the eBusiness suite across many operating system platforms.Currently I am located in Sydney Oracle Financials 11i and Release 12,12.2 Oracle RDBMS 7x,8i , 9i,10g and 11g Amazon cloud . Oracle RAC 10g and 11g Oracle Applications Server Oracle Web logic Server OBIEE Hyperion SSO Oracle Portal PL/SQL UNIX SQL MS-SQL 2008. OEM 12c . Data Guard . Essbase . Database backup and recovery. Performance Tunning. TimeSten