Recently i was trying to have another instance of OAM on a server which already had a OAM instance up and running. Even though we change the default OAM port 14100 to different value during installation of second OAM, during the startup oam managed servers failed with errors as below:-
<Jun 25, 2012 11:30:10 AM UTC> <Error> <Deployer> <oam_server1> <[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: ‘1’ for queue: ‘weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)’> <<WLS Kernel>> <> <34eea5fc76281eb7:2cabb3cd:
<Error> <Coherence> <BEA-000000>
Oracle Coherence GE 3.5.3/465p2 <Error> (thread=Cluster, member=n/a): This member could not join the
cluster because of an incompatibility between the cluster protocol used by this member and the one
being used by the rest of the cluster. This is most likely caused by a Coherence version mismatch,
or by mismatched protocol filters (e.g. compression, or encryption).>
Reason: OAM server picks the ports information from oam-config.xml configuration file which is located under $DOMAIN_HOME/config/fmwconfig/oam-confg.xml by default .
This file have following ports information
1) OAM Managed Server Port – Port that Oracle Access Manager uses for HTTP communications, default value- 14100.
2) OAM Proxy Server Port – An integrated proxy server (OAM proxy) is installed with each OAM Managed server and uses this port for communication between WebGates and the 11g server, default value- 5575
3) OAM Coherence Cluster Port- In a highly availability Oracle Coherence is user to keep configuration files in sync. Default cluster port in OAM-22828
4) OAM Coherence Local Port – In OAM, Oracle Coherence uses local coherence port as 9095 by default on each managed server .
All these default values are hardcoded in oam-config.xml during OAM installation.
Now when you try to start 2nd OAM instance for first time, it picks the default values and try to start services on them. But since first instance already running services on default ports, the second oam instance fails.
Before starting 2nd installation OAM application after installation, take backup of original oam-config.xml file and change below port values:
1) Search for multiple entries of OAM.coherence.cluster.port and change the default value to a unique port thats not in use
2) Search for oam.coherence.localport and change default 9095 to different value for AdminServer and oam managed server instances
3) OAM proxy port from 5575 to any different value.
After above changes, 2nd OAM instance should startup successfully.