Oracle Identity and Access Management can logically be divided into three main categories
– Directory Service (OID, Virtual Directory, DIP)
– Access Management (Access Manager, Identity Federation, AS SSO, OeSSO)
– Identity Management (Identity Manager & DAS)
1) Directory Services – overview including OID, I have already covered in past at OID overview.
2) Access Management:
A) Access Manager – Controlling User Access to Enterprise resources. It also provides web based Identity Administration & access control to applications & resources. Provides User, password and group management. User access policies can be defined and enforced with high granularity.
B) Identity Federation – Allows companies to operate independently and enable cross domain user provisioning.
C) Single Sign-on – It provides built in integration with customer’s IM
and addressing key challenges (for cross domain access) like automatic mapping, identity mapping access control navigation.
D) eSSO – Enterprise SSO is upcoming product which provide true SSO for all application and resource in an enterprise, without modifying existing
3) Identity Management:
A) Identity Manager – Allows automated user identity provisioning and deprovisioning. Key features of Identity Manager are password management, workflow & policy management, Identity reconciliation, reporting and Auditing. Identity manager also supports attestation (confirming access rights by user or system manager periodically). This is requirement from SoX compliance.
B) DAS – Delegating Administrative Services provides trusted proxy based
administration at User or Administrator level.
What is available to download & Install ?
There are two packages available which you can download & install based on requirement
– Oracle Identity Management and Access Management Suite (OID, Virtual Directory, Access Manager, Federation and Identity Manager)
– Oracle Application Server Infrastructure Component (OID, DIP, SSO, DAS)
More on Oracle Access Manager (Formerly Oblix) including Webgate, Webpass, Access & Identity System and Policy Manager coming soon ..
Oracle ACE, Author, Speaker and Founder of K21 Technologies & K21 Academy : Oracle Gold Partner specialising in Design, Implement, and Trainings.