Oracle Identity Manager is world class leading Identity Provisioning server which helps in creation of user, managing them and revoking access.
Oracle purchased Thor Technologies and bundled Identity Provisioning Server & Audit & Compliance module as Oracle Identity Manager.
Oracle Identity Manager is also known as Thor Xellerate Identity Manager or Oracle Xellerate Identity Provisioning.
Few Services in Identity Manager
1) Access Right Management : Granting & Revoking access rights for a resource (URL, site, services, server, database…)
2) Provisioning : process that grants users, groups appropriate access rights. It involves creation of user(if not already in system), granting or revoking(deprovision) rights to access resource(application, system, database…)
3) Deprovisioning : Opposite of above
4) Attestation : confirming from authorized user that access right or
other privileges are correct or not.
Architecture of Oracle Identity Manager
As shown in diagram above, Oracle Identity Manager uses three-tier architecture
A) Presentation Tier
B) Server Tier
C) Data & Enterprise Integration Tier
Presentation Tier consist of Administrative Console, Design Console and Custom Client.
Server Tier consist of Oracle Identity Manager server application with
various other component and act as bridge between Presentation Tier and
Data & Enterprise Integration Tier.
Data & Enterprise Integration Tier contains database server which contains Oracle Identity Manager Data.
Components in Identity Manager
—Oracle Identity Manager Server
—Oracle Identity Manager Remote Manager
—Oracle Identity Manager Design Console (Windows only)
Requirement for Installing Oracle Identity Manager
Oracle Identity Manager installation require
— A Supported Application Server (You can use Oracle Application
Server, JBOSS, Weblogic, Websphere….)
— A supported JVM (use Sun JDK)
— A supported Database (Oracle DB, MS-SQL)
More on installing Oracle Identity Manager and configuration coming soon..
Related Posts for Identity Manager
- Oracle Identity Manager (User Provisioning – Thor)
- Installing Oracle Identity Manager (Thor Xellerate)
- Oracle Identity Manager 9.1 released
- Oracle Identity Manager (Thor Xellerate) Architecture
- Resource, Reconciliation, Provisioning and Connector in Oracle Identity Manager #OIM
- Oracle Identity Manager (OIM) Connector for Oracle Internet Directory (OID) : Architecture and Overview
- Step by Step Installation of OIM Design Console 9.1.0
- Error while running PurgeCache in OIM 11g : LoginException unable to find LoginModule class : WebLogic Full Clinet
- Integrate OIM 11g with OID using connector for Provisioning / Reconcilliation – Installation
- PurgeCache in OIM 11g : CategoryName
- OIM LDAP Sync : Overview and Key Points
- OIM 11g : How to export/import/delete Files from MDS
- Where are OAM details stored in OIM (account unlock, password reset)
- libOVD adapters in OIM LDAP Integration : LDAPsync – view and modify Adapter settings (bindDN and bindPassword)
- Error Starting OIM Design Console (xlclient.sh) on Linux java.lang. NoClassDefFoundError
- OIM 11g Challenge Questions (PCQ) for forgot password
- Oracle EBS Integration with OIM (Identity Manager) : Things you should know
- Users not synced from OID to OIM : Debug Scheduled Job
- OIM Connector for Microsoft : AD, Exchange, Windows, Password Management
- Connector Server for OIM connectors : .NET or JAVA
- OIM 11g Challenge Questions – Everything you must know
- OIM 11g How to add Challenge Questions
- OIM : Assign AD resource : An error occurred because the Adapters are not compiled : How to compile adapters in OIM
- OIM User Creation : An Error occurred while performing create user operation. Unable to get LDAP connection
- OIM – AD integration : Active Directory Group Lookup Recon failed with error Remote Framework Key is invalid
- Microsoft Active Directory (AD) to Oracle Identity Manager (OIM) Password Synchronization: Things you must know : Part I
- Provision resource “Microsoft Exchange” to user in OIM : Status remains in Provisioning : Part I
- Target Resource (or Managed Resource) vs Trusted Source (or Authoritative Source) Mode : OIM integration with applications (AD, OID, OVD, EBS, SAP, HR, LDAP)
- 500 Internal server accessing OIM application : com.bea. security.MicroSM. getInstance oracle.iam. platform. authz.impl
- Your account is locked. You can unlock your account by going to Forgot Password
- OIM 11g : How to find User and Manager details : USR table
- OIM 11g : User Detail/Attribute (Description) not visible in OIM User screen : EBS / OID / OIM integration
- OIM 11g: The add proxy operation for user XXXXX failed with following error oracle. bpel. services. workflow. client. workflowservieclientException javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException could not determine wsdl ports
- Oracle Identity Manager BP07 for 11gR1 PS1 126.96.36.199.7 (16097399) is now available – (Part of Identity Management SUite BP03 16209876)
- OIM 11g : SQL to List User’s Manager
- OIM integrated with OAM (SSO) showing OIM login screen : User Soft Locked
- OIM 11g: Beware if you are applying WebLogic patch !
- Help Me : Microsoft Active Directory Password Sync version and latest patch for Oracle Identity Manager 188.8.131.52
- Upgrade OIM connector for Microsoft Exchange to 184.108.40.206 Part I