Oracle Enterprise Gateway (OEG) is a security solution (part of Access Management Suite) to provide first line of defence in SOA environment. OEG provides security, governance, acceleration, and integration for SOA Systems.
SOA – Service Oriented Architecture
OEG – Oracle Enterprise Gateway
1. OEG intercepts request for Web Services made by Service Consumer in DMZ
2. OEG consists of following components
a) Oracle Enterprise Gateway
b) Policy Studio : admin tool to configure policies and OEG settings. Policy Studio is typically installed on separate machine for remote administration (though can run on same machine as OEG)
c) Service Manager : web based tool to manage services and policies . Like registering services and assigning policies to these services.
d) Real Time Monitoring Console : web based tool to for real-time monitoring of HTTP/S traffic processed by OEG
e) Traffic Monitor
f) Service Monitor : generates reports and charts based on usage metrics of all Enterprise Gateway in network. Service monitor provides integration with databases like Oracle, MySQL , MS SQL Server etc
3. Service Monitor is a separate installation and requires OEG Server and JDBC database that contains monitoring and transaction data read by Service Monitor
4. Service Monitor can be launched from http://HOST:8040/ (where 8040 is default service monitor page)
5. Default ports in OEG deployment are – OEG Server (8090), Policy Center Server(8060), Service Monitor Server (8040)
6. OEG is supported on Linux (OEL/Linux 5.3+, OEL/Linux 4.7+, Suse 10 SP1+ or Suse 11), Windows (2003 SP2/R2+, 2008 SP1+, XP SP2+, 7), and Solaris (9.9+ , 10.4+)
7. To start OEG Server use INSTALL_DIR/posix/bin/enterprisegateway (Unix/Linux) , INSTALL_DIR\win32\bin\enterprisegateway
8. Default URL for OEG is http://HOST:8090/ and username password is admin/changeme
9. To start Policy Studio INSTALL_DIR/policystudio (Unix/Linux) ,
10. Default URL for Policy Studio is http://HOST:8090/ and username password is admin/changeme
Oracle ACE, Author, Speaker and Founder of K21 Technologies & K21 Academy : Specialising in Design, Implement, and Trainings.