Based on high influx of mail from users requesting difference between Oracle Applications Release 12 and 11i , I decided to dedicate this post to outline few major technical difference.
Database Version in 11i (11.5.9 & 11.5.10) was 9i Rel 2 where as in Release 12 its 10g R2 (10.2.0.2)
Tech Stack in Application Tier consist of iAS(188.8.131.52.2) & Developer 6i (Forms & Reports 8.0.6) but in Applications R12 it is build on Fusion Middleware (10g Web Server and 10g Forms & Reports)
Sub component in Application Tier
A) HTTP Server or Web Server in R12 is Version 10.1.3 which is built on Apache version 1.3.34. In apps 11i it is Version 184.108.40.206.2 built on Apache Version 1.3.19
B) Jserv in apps 11i is replaced by OC4J (mod_jserv is replaced by mod_oc4j)
C) Forms Version 6i in Apps 11i is replaced by Forms 10.1.2.0.2 in R12
D) Reports Version 6i in Apps 11i is replaced by Reports 10.1.2.0.2 in R12
E) JDBC version is changed from version 9 in apps 11i to version 10.2.0 in Apps R12
F) modplsql or mod_pls is removed from Apps R12 (What will happen to my mod plsql applications- coming soon* )
G) Java processes use JDK/JRE version 1.5.0 in R12 against JDK version 1.3.1 or 1.4.2 in Apps 11i
H) For various environment variable changes check below picture
I) New top INSTANCE_TOP added in Release 12 for configuration and log files
If you think I missed any Technical changes in Release 12, Kindly leave a comment so that it can be useful to everyone.
Related Posts for Apps R12
- Oracle Apps R12 Forms : Servlet or Socket
- Release Update Pack for Oracle Applications R12
- Difference between Oracle Apps 11i and R12 (Technical)
- Unified APPL_TOP : Changed Feature in Oracle Apps R12
- Oracle R12/12i log file (Patch, Clone, Startup/Shutdown)
- Upgrade Oracle Apps 11i to R12/12i (12.0.4) – Key Points
- Oracle Apps Release 12.1 , Guess official release date ?
- Oracle 12.0.6 R12 RUP6 is Out now
- Application Tier Services in Oracle Apps R12
- Why should Oracle Apps (EBS) DBAs learn WebLogic Server ? Release 12.2 with FMW 11g
- Compiling Forms in Oracle Apps R12 : APP-WSH-231210 ORA-04062 WSH_DELIVERY_DETAILS_INV
- How to compile Apps Schema (invalid objects) in R12 ?
- Oracle E-Business Suite 12.2 is finally available to Download & Install