This post covers overview and key points for deploying Oracle Service Bus (OSB) 10.3.1(earlier BEA’s AquaLogic Service Bus) on WebLogic Cluster. For OSB 10.3.1 Single Node deployment click here
If you are new to WebLogic then I would recommend to look at Domain, Admin Server, Managed Server and Clusters in WebLogic Server here.
Key Points for OSB 10.1.3 Cluster Deployment
1.In WebLogic Server you can create multiple Clusters in single domain. Oracle Service Bus domains can support a single cluster, and all managed servers (running hosting OSB application) in the domain must belong to that cluster i.e. You can’t span OSB across multiple clusters in a domain
2.You can create domain and clusters in weblogic server by running configuration wizard (config.sh)
3. Singleton Services : are services which must run only on one server at given time. In OSB cluster most of services run on all servers which are part of cluster however some services must run on only one server at a time . Singleton Services for OSB include
a) File, FTP and E-Mail Pollers for Proxy Services
b) SLA Manager
c) JMS Server
d) ALSB domain Singleton Marker Application
High level steps to deploy OSB 10.1.3 in Active Active Cluster
1. Install OSB on Machine1
2. Install OSB on Machine2
3. Run config.sh on Machine1
4. Create Admin Server on Machine1, Managed Server (WLS_OSB1) on Machine1 and Managed Server (WLS_OSB2) on Machine2
5. Create cluster OSB_Cluster and add two managed servers WLS_OSB1 (on Machine1) and WLS_OSB2 (on Machine2) in cluster OSB_Cluster.
6. Deploy OSB configuration to OSB_Cluster
7. Configure Oracle HTTP Server (or Load Balancer) to forward request to two managed servers (WLS_OSB1 & WLS_OSB2)
Oracle ACE, Author, Speaker and Founder of K21 Technologies & K21 Academy : Oracle Gold Partner specialising in Design, Implement, and Trainings.
Find Us On