This is next post in series “Learn Oracle WebLogic with Us“. Next Step after Oracle WebLogic Installation is to create Domain.
Before creating domains let us understand Domain, Administration Server, Managed Server and Cluster in Oracle WebLogic.
In next post We’ll learn how to create basic Domain (Administration Server only) and Domain with Managed Server Cluster (one Administration Server and two Managed Server in cluster) using Configuration Manager.
What is domain in WebLogic ?
Domain is logical grouping of resources and services and consist of Administration Server, Managed Server and cluster. There can only be one administration Server in domain and zero to N Managed Server.
What is Administration Server ?
Administration Server is WebLogic Server instance that maintains configuration data for a domain. You can deploy your application on administration Server but it is recommended to create managed Server and deploy your application in managed server and leave Administration domain for configuration and maintenance.
—There will always be atleast one Administration Server in a domain.
What is Managed Server ?
Any WebLogic Server instance apart from Administration Server is called as Managed Servers. This is weblogic server where you deploy your application (Though you can deploy your application in Administration server as well but it is not recommended in production/UAT instance)
What is Cluster in WebLogic ?
Group of WebLogic Managed Server Instances that work together to provide high availability and scalability for applications is called cluster. WebLogic Servers with in cluster can run on same machine or different machines. These are also called as managed Server cluster.
Things you should know before creating domain in WebLogic Server ?
— You use configuration wizard to create or extend domain but this can be used only in offline mode (when weblogic server is not running)
— You can also use WLST (WebLogic Scripting Tool), command line tool to create and extend domains in WebLogic Server.
— You can also use unpack command to create new domain. This command can’t be used to extend domain.
— Extending a domain means, you already created domain and now wish to extend it (use more application, add managed server, create cluster…)
— Configuration wizard can be run in Graphical Mode (interactive GUI) or Console Mode (interactive text based)
— For silent mode use WLST (WebLogic Scripting Tool)
— While creating domain you specify Startup Mode (Development or Production). In development mode, you get autodeploy option and security is low. In production mode you need username/password to deploy applications.
— When you create domain, it creates following directories
i) autodeploy ii) bin iii) config (config.xml for domain sits here) iv) console-ext v) lib vi) security vii) servers
–You use config.cmd (windows) or config.sh (unix) from $BEA_HOME/ wlserver_<ver>/ common/ bin to start configuration manager to create domain
Step by Step Weblogic Domain creation (with Managed Server Cluster) coming soon …
Related Posts for Learn WebLogic with Us
- Oracle WebLogic Installation Steps
- Domain , Administration & Managed Server, Cluster in Oracle WebLogic
- Create Domain in Oracle WebLogic
- Oracle WebLogic Server – Startup/Shutdown
- Oracle WebLogic Server 10g R3 10.3 is out now
- Deploy Application on Oracle WebLogic Server
- Cluster Architecture : Oracle WebLogic Server
- Start WebLogic Server on Linux on port 80, 443 <= 1024
- JDBC (Java DataBase Connectivity ) in Oracle WebLogic – Overview
- WebLogic Server JDBC for Database connection : Step by Step
- Security in Oracle WebLogic : Realm, Security Provider, Authentication, Authorization, Users
- Deploy ADF application to Oracle WebLogic Server
- Node Manager in Oracle WebLogic Server
- Configure Oracle HTTP Server infront of Oracle WebLogic Server mod_wl_ohs
- How to install weblogic server on 64 bit O.S. (Linux /Solaris) ?
- Oracle WebLogic Login Issue : Password is not correct (Password Lock Policy)
- Oracle WebLogic Server : Node Manager in nutshell
- Certification : 1Z0-108 Oracle WebLogic Server 10g System Administrator Certified Expert
- How to integrate WebLogic with Oracle Internet Directory for Login : Authentication
- opatch, adpatch and now “smart update” (BSU) to apply weblogic patches
- Disater Recovery documentation for Oracle WebLogic Server 11g (Fusion Middleware)
- Authentication Providers in #WebLogic – Oracle Access Manager Identity Assertion for Single Sign-On and OAM Authenticator
- Error while starting WebLogic Server : java.lang.NumberFormatException: null
- #WebLogic startup prompting from username password : boot.properties
- BEA-000286 : Failed to invoke startup class “JRF Startup Class” oracle.jrf.wls.JRFStartup
- WebLogic Kerberos (SSO) Authentication Issue : Error 401 Forbidden : No Configuration was registered that can handle the configuration named com. sun. security. jgss. krb5. accept
- How to reset Lost Oracle WebLogic Password for Fusion Middleware Applications
- Oracle WebLogic Server Certification : 1Z0-108 Practice Question and Dumps
- WebLogic Startup fails with Unable to obtain lock on Server may already be running
- Oracle Weblogic 12c Launch : Attend online on 1 Dec 2011
- Oracle WebLogic 12c (12.1.1) is now available to download
- How to Install WebLogic 12C (12.1.1) on Mac
- Oracle #WebLogic Server 12c : SE vs EE vs Suite License Options
- SSL in WebLogic (CA, KeyStore, Identity & Trust Store) : Things you must know – Part I
- SSL in WebLogic Server – Part II : Create KeyStore, generate CSR, Import CERT and configure KeyStore with WebLogic
- WebLogic Admin Server Start-up hanging at “Initializing self-tuning thread pool”
- Error in WebLogic Clustering : socket MaxMessage Size Exceeded Exception
- Changed or New Features in WebLogic 12.1.2
- WebLogic SSL configuration : Inconsistent security configuration Cannot convert identity certificate
- Dynamic Cluster in WebLogic 12.1.2 : New Features in WebLogic 12c
- Identity Propagation between two WebLogic Domains : Cross Domain Security VS Global Trust
- WebLogic Admin Server Start Up hangs at ‘Log Management’ BEA-170019 IIOP subsystem enabled
- Security:090294 could not get connection javax. net. ssl. SSLKeyException FATAL Alert BAD_CERTIFICATE – A corrupt or unuseable certificate was received
- WLST connecting to WebLogic Admin Server failed : Bootstrap to [IP:Port] failed. It is likely that the remote side declared peer gone on this JVM