Oracle Adaptive Access Manger is an Access Management product from Oracle Access Management Suite Plus (other products from Access Management Suite plus are OAM, OES, OIF, eSSO, OpenSSO Fedlet, OWSM, and STS ). To know more about OAAM check Mahendra’s post and for OAAM version 18.104.22.168 my previous post here. For list of all Oracle Identity and Access Management products click here
This post covers OAAM 11g R1 (11.1.1.*) for beginners and highlight overview of OAAM installation, configuration, and accessing OAAM for first time .
1. OAAM 11g is a J2EE application deployed on Oracle WebLogic Server. If you are new to Oracle WebLogic Server then check WebLogic Domain, Admin Server and Managed Server
2. OAAM 11g includes two components
a) OAAM Online : For Real-time risk analysis
b) OAAM Offline : For offline risk analysis
3. OAAM is part of Identity and Access Management software (IAM) same software that contains OAM, OIM, OES, and OIN .
4. OAAM’s deployed applications for OAAM 11g are
a) OAAM Server: OAAM Server is a run-time component that includes rules engine and end user interface flows deployed on WebLogic Managed Server. OAAM server provides Adaptive Risk Manager, Adaptive Strong Authenticator, Web Services etc.
b) OAAM Admin Console : Administration console (Web Application aka OAAM Admin) that contains customer service and security analyst case management functionality.
High Level Installation Steps for OAAM 11g:
1. Install Database for OAAM schema
2. Use RCU to load OAAM schema
3. Install WebLogic Server, for 64 bit O.S. use steps mentioned here
4. Install Identity and Access Management Software as mentioned here (Steps here are for 22.214.171.124. Use same steps but install version 126.96.36.199 Note: 188.8.131.52 is latest OAAM version as of May 2012)
5. Configure OAAM by running $MW_HOME/oracle_common/common/bin/config.sh
6. Start Node Manager, Admin Server, and Managed Servers (Do Not forget to set StartScriptEnabled=true in nodemanager.properties)
7. Create User for OAAM and add user in OAAM* group (to grant OAAM Role) using WebLogic Console
8. Access OAAM Admin Console http://host:OAAMAdmin_ManagedServer_port/oaam_admin
9. Access OAAM Server http://host:OAAMServer_ManagedServer_port/oaam_server
Oracle ACE, Author, Speaker and Founder of K21 Technologies & K21 Academy : Specialising in Design, Implement, and Trainings.