This post covers installation of Oracle Identity & Access Management software (OID/OAM/OIM) required for Fusion Application. If you are new to Oracle Identity Manager (OIM) 11g or Oracle Access Manager (OAM) 11g, then check my Book on Amazon or Packt (This book is available in Hard Copy, PDF or Kindle version)
Oracle Identity Management 11g (OIM/OAM/OID) is mandatory for Fusion Applications and must be installed and configured before or after provisioning fusion transactional database but before provisioning Fusion Applications. For high level steps to install Fusion Applications click here .
Download Fusion 126.96.36.199.1 software as explained here and unzip all files which will create directory installers (FA 188.8.131.52.1 uses OAM 11g where as in FA 184.108.40.206.0, OAM version is 10g)
Oracle IDAM for Fusion Apps Key Points
1. JDK, WebLogic, IDM (OID), IAM (OIM/OAM), SOA, OHS, and RCU software is available under $Fusion_Software/installers – jdk/jdk6.zip, weblogic/wls_generic.jar, idm/(idm.zip, idm_patchset.zip), oam/iamsuite[N].zip, soa/*, webtier (webtier_patchset), and installers/fmw_rcu/linux resp.
2. OID/OIM/OAM/OHS are all 220.127.116.11 and can all be installed under same MW_HOME (Middleware Home). More information on MW_HOME, WL_HOME, and ORACLE_HOME here
3. OID, OIM/OAM, SOA and OHS must all be installed under different Oracle Homes (can be under same MW_HOME)
4. OID 11.1..1.5 & OHS 18.104.22.168 are both patchsets and must be installed on top of base software 22.214.171.124
5. OIM/OAM & SOA 126.96.36.199 are both complete software and can be installed directly.
IDAM 188.8.131.52.1 Installation high level steps for Fusion Apps
1. Install JDK 1.6 from $Fusion_Software/installers/jdk/jdk6.zip
2. Install 64 bit WebLogic from $JAVA_HOME(created in step 1)/java -jar $Fusion_Software/ installers/ weblogic/ wls_generic.jar (This step will create MW_HOME)
3. Install OID (install software – do not configure) 184.108.40.206 from $Fusion_Software/ installers/ idm/ idm.zip (Install it under Middleware Home – MW_HOME created in step 2. This step will create IDM ORACLE_HOME)
4. Install OID/OVD 220.127.116.11 patch from $Fusion_Software/ installers/ idm/ idm_patchset.zip (Install it under Oracle Home – IDM ORACLE_HOME created in step 2)
5. Install OAM/OIM 18.104.22.168 from $Fusion_Software/ installers/oam/ iamsuite*.zip (Install it under Middleware Home – MW_HOME created in step 2. This step will create IAM ORACLE_HOME)
6. Install SOA 22.214.171.124 from $Fusion_Software/ installers/ soa (Install it under Middleware Home – MW_HOME created in step 2. This step will create SOA ORACLE_HOME)
7. Install OHS (install software – do not configure) 126.96.36.199 from $Fusion_Software/installers/webtier (Install it under Middleware Home – MW_HOME created in step 2. This step will create OHS ORACLE_HOME)
8. Install OHS 188.8.131.52 patch from $Fusion_Software/installers/webtier_patchset (Install it under Oracle Home – OHS ORACLE_HOME created in step 7)
9. Load repository for identity management components in IDM database using RCU from $Fusion_Software/ installers/ fmw_rcu/ linux/ bin/ rcu (select schema ODS, ODSSM, OIM, OAM, and SOA). More on RCU here
This completes Oracle Identity Management software installation for Fusion Application.
Configuration of OID/OIM/OAM/Policy-Identity Store for Fusion Application coming soon…
Oracle ACE, Author, Speaker and Founder of K21 Technologies & K21 Academy : Oracle Gold Partner specialising in Design, Implement, and Trainings.
Find Us On