Oracle Identity & Access Management 11gR2 (11.1.2) consists of
1. Install Database for Oracle Identity & Access Management(IDAM) schemas
2. Create IDAM schemas in database using RCU 126.96.36.199.0
3. Install JDK/JRockit 1.6 (for IBM Aix or HP Unix install vendor specific JDK).
4. Install WebLogic 10.3.6 (This step will create Middleware Home MW_HOME)
5. Install Identity & Access Management 188.8.131.52 software in Middleware Home (MW_HOME created in previous step)
6. Install SOA Suite 184.108.40.206.0 software in Middleware Home (MW_HOME created in step 4) (SOA is required only for OIM, If you are not configuring OIM then there is no need to install SOA Suite)
7. Apply patches listed in Release Notes here (Required for OIM only). [updated on 18th August 2012] If you can’t find patches listed in Release Notes of 11gR2 then check Bug 14489758 : WRONG PATCH NUMBERS IN RELEASE NOTES
8. Create Weblogic Domain (more here) and select IDAM components by running config.sh from $MW_HOME/oracle_common/common/bin (Do not start WebLogic Server yet, create Database Security Store first as mentioned in next step)
9. Create Database Security Store using WLST – <IAM_ HOME>/common/tools/configureSecurityStore.py (Ignore this step if you are creating WebLogic domain with just one domain template i.e. “Oracle Access Management Mobile and Social“)
10. Start WebLogic Admin Server
11. Configure OIM Server ($IAM_ORACLE_HOME/bin/config.sh) – Ignore this step if you do not want OIM server
12. Start WebLogic Managed Servers created during WebLogic domain creation
If you are looking for commonly asked Interview Questions for Oracle Identity Manager then just click below and get that in your inbox.
Oracle ACE, Author, Speaker and Founder of K21 Technologies & K21 Academy : Oracle Gold Partner specialising in Design, Implement, and Trainings.
Find Us On